RESEARCH ASSOCIATE 1 OR 2, IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY (BRIS 1.106)
We are seeking to hire an exceptional Research Associate to join the in vivo pharmacology team. This position will be a critical part of a highly dynamic scientific research group supporting the characterization and development of drug candidates against novel drug targets. This role affords the individual the opportunity to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team, to deepen their expertise and knowledge in drug discovery, and to make key contributions to help bring new medicines to patients.
The candidate should be creative and have both a passion for biology and an interest in using animal models to study human disease. The position requires a self-motivated individual seeking a hands-on, lab-based role using in vivo animal models and in vitro methodologies to contribute to specific project goals as part of a dynamic team. The duties of the job include animal handling/dosing, experimental design and execution, analysis/interpretation of data, downstream sample generation/ samples processing, and presentation (verbal/written) of findings at team meetings. The successful candidate will also be expected to maintain compliance with animal care policies.REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-4 years of relevant scientific experience in academia/industry or a Master’s degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Degree in biology, physiology, bioengineering or related field.
- Animal handling/dosing experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with quantitative PCR, immunohistochemistry, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, and multiplexed protein assays strongly preferred.
- Neurobiology knowledge strongly preferred.
- Curiosity, an eagerness to learn new skills and the ability to work as part of a team to meet timelines and achieve goals.
- Exceptional communication, organization, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.