Manager, CMC Biologics Projects
Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated scientific professionals to join our rapidly expanding team. This role is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is accelerating the biotech industry’s capabilities through the development and cGMP-compliant solutions to support the development and commercialization of advanced therapies. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer highly competitive benefits and perks to our highly valued associates.
• Manages the development and ongoing management of Akron’s product development and production projects. Leads cross-functional teams across multiple projects.
• Identifies project resource requirements by using by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort.
• Work with functional leaders and key executives to define requirements and assumptions, initiate projects and ensure progress on both short and long-term goals.
• Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools and technologies and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
• Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
• Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
• Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
• Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
• Participates in external project management organizations, conferences and seminars to keep current with industry best practices in project management by joining professional associations and implementing a professional development plan with focus on project management.
• Establishes priorities of work assignments, tasks, etc.; provides guidance and work direction to key project participants.
• may also directly manage individual projects that are part of the overall company strategy.
• Project development expertise with strong experience leading change and complex projects/programs are requirements for this role.
• Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects as well as identification of project participants.
• Influences middle management on technical or business solutions.
• Exercises judgment in selecting innovative, practical methods to achieve problem resolution.
• Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Requirements• Masters degree or PhD in life sciences or related field
• 7 or more years of relevant work experience as a senior level project manager with a proven track record of success managing complex, highly technical projects, particularly within the CMC biologics/biotech field; PMP certification highly preferred
• Experience with biotech or life science project management is required
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to earn the trust of team members and management
• Must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization; excellent communication skills in English and Spanish are a must
• Excellent organizational and time management skills in a very fast pace and challenging environment
Ability to travel to South America as needed.