Senior Research Associate, Antibody Assays and Engineering [JC-1464B]
LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and six facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East Coast, West Coast, and Central US, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
We are a seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and motivated scientist to join our growing Antibody Discovery Team as a Senior Research Associate. In this role, you will be an integral team member who helps design and construct antibody libraries for therapeutic and critical reagent antibody discovery. You will collaborate with scientists, scientific managers, and project leaders to deliver on timeline-driven antibody discovery and antibody engineering campaigns. Further, you will leverage your scientific expertise in protein expression (phage, yeast, bacteria, and/or hybridoma) and biochemical assays to help generate decision-making data for identifying lead candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform kinetic characterization and epitope binning of monoclonal antibodies or antibody fragments using label-free techniques, such as BLI or SPR (Octet)
- Antibody library screening using phage-display and yeast display
- Depending on experience, in silico antibody structural analysis to complement biophysical assays
- Follow SOP’s and record and report deviations
- Maintain detailed lab records and perform electronic data entry using proprietary software
- Participate in procurement of materials
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, or antibody discovery research.
- Hands on experience with a range of molecular and cell biology and biochemical techniques: molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture, ELISA, FACS, protein expression and purification
- Extensive experience in ELISA based screening is required.
- Knowledge of DNA sequence analysis software is required.
- Phage display experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with FACS analysis is preferred.
- Experience with SPR/BLI is desired.
- Strong ability to work on multiple projects in parallel is required.
- Excellent attention to detail, record keeping, and communication skills
- Strong ability to manage work with minimal supervision.
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
This job ad was modified on May 24, 2021 to clarify the title and duties.