R&D Project Manager
HUYABIO is the leader in accelerating the global development of novel biopharmaceutical product opportunities originating in China enabling faster, more cost-effective, and lower-risk drug development in international markets. Through extensive collaboration with biopharmaceutical, academic and commercial organizations, it has built the largest China-sourced compound portfolio. With offices in the US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Ireland and eight strategic locations across China, the Company has become a partner of choice to accelerate product development and maximize value globally. For more information, please visit www.huyabio.com
The R&D Project Manager, coordinate critical activities, track project progress and timeline. The project manager will drive projects through key milestones, decision points and will be responsible for keeping the projects on schedule and within budget. This role is highly cross-functional and broadly engaged across the organization.
This is an office-based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all HUYABIO functional areas and its global office sites is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with clinical science, clinical development, clinical operations, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, bio-stats, CMC, pre-clinical, quality assurance and safety science to ensure that the development, clinical, and commercial strategies are incorporated into the GPT development plan and integrated development strategy.
- Oversee and manage the effective coordination and facilitation of team meetings from a project management perspective with a focus on cross-functional integrated activities.
- Create and maintain project documentation including agenda, minutes, action items, dashboards, goals, and milestones.
- Lead key initiatives that have cross-functional impact and are critical to company objectives.
- Facilitate communication throughout cross-functional departments to ensure teams are aware of changes in strategy and impact to the projects.
- Proactive management and mitigation of development risks and ensuring appropriate communication to senior management.
- Facilitate financial/budget planning process by integrating input from cross functional departments.
- Communicate expectations clearly and lead by example in a fast-paced environment.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Clear strategic thinking, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and planning/organizational capabilities
- Excellent attention to detail, good interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communications
- Working knowledge of project management tools with hands on experience in setting up projects and reports, including Gant charts and dashboards.
- Exceptional project management skills and experience managing multiple projects.
- Ability to drive problem solving, decision making and issue resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-functional team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably with Masters, Ph. D)
- 7+ years biotech industry experience, including 4+ years of direct project management experience.
The position is full‐time, and the candidate must be within commuting distance to HUYABIO’s Del Mar, CA headquarters.