Business Performance Sr Manager - Chief of Staff
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Does the thought of building an entirely new site, from the ground up excite you? Do you love building and developing high performing teams? If you have a passion for talent development and want to be a part of Amgens mission to serve patients every patient every time then check out this exciting new opportunity.
Be part of the Amgen Advanced Assembly and Final Product Operation, a new facility focused on medical device assembly and packaging of injectable medicines. When completed, the Advanced Assembly and Final Product Operation facility will not only feature the best in-class assembly and packaging technologies with embedded industry 4.0 capabilities, but it will also integrate sustainability innovations to reduce carbon and waste, as part of Amgens plan to be a carbon-neutral company by 2027.
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Business Performance Sr Manager
The final location of this role is yet to be determined candidates must be open to relocating within Continental USLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. At Amgen, we are committed to being science-based and follow a continuous learning approach to advancing science, driving discovery and igniting innovation that works to help reduce disease. It is in this context that we endorse an inclusive and diverse workforce that helps fuel scientific innovation and problem solving, leading to better scientific solutions that benefit both patients and society.
In this vital role you will serve as a member of the site leadership team and be responsible for supporting the VP stand up an entirely new site. This Sr. Manager is responsible for management and timely implementation of Vice President related deliverables such as high-priority process improvement initiatives and projects; deliver training on Continuous Improvement tools, techniques, and methodologies to staff and perform find opportunities for improvement and make recommendations to management, will also be involved in leadership discussions regarding current and future Manufacturing and business challenges, decisions, and pressing topics across the new site.
- Oversee site business performance with responsibility to design and facilitate processes intended to advance strategy and objectives
- Use data and analytics to inform business decisions and summarizes information into key findings for site leadership.
- Provide leadership to key initiatives and strategic projects across the site, including identifying and removing roadblocks, driving program management, content creation, and presentation.
- Help establish and drive the evolution of the site strategic plan, annual goals, and timely execution of milestones.
- Build and lead efficient approach to continuously trace site Year-Over-Year Productivity projects and communicate their target achievement aligned across manufacturing sites.
- Responsible for presentation creation from conceptualization to finalization for monthly business reviews, and annual functional strategic reviews.
- Continuously supervise and communicate progress and adherence to pivotal initiative and goal timelines.
- Partner with functional site leads and the site Vice President to align deliverables, metrics capture, and alignment on value creation.
- Responsible for site leadership team meetings. This includes coordinating agenda topics, consolidating presentation and pre-read content, distributing pre-reads, facilitating each meeting, and creating/distributing minutes and follow up on action items.
- Responsible for site-wide All-Staff meetings.
- Partner with Site HR Business Partner and Corporate Affairs Partner to support talent and culture related efforts, staffing/organizational initiatives as deemed vital, and organizational or workforce strategy related efforts.
- Partner with Site Finance lead to educate on and translate functional priorities and business details related to financials. Partner on data and visualization appropriate for audience and oversight of organizational shape and budget.
- May act as a single point of contact for Quality impacting initiatives and projects.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Business Performance Sr Manager professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, quality, supply chain, project management or financeOr
Masters degree and 4 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, quality, supply chain, project management or financeOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, quality, supply chain, project management or finance
Associate degree and 10 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, quality, supply chain, project management or finance
High School diploma and 12 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, quality, supply chain, project management or financeBeyond that, additional preferred qualifications are:
- Educational background in Life Science, Industrial Engineering and/or Operations Research
- Direct experience partnering with and influencing senior leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and executive presence, including ability to storyline and prepare executive-level presentations and pre-reads
- Adapting to a constantly evolving and fast paced environment
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to influence different functions and levels of the organization
- Independent, motivated and proactive team member with experience in a matrixed, highly fluid environment
- Ability to cultivate collaboration, work optimally on cross-functional teams and consistently deliver timely while serving as a role model for Amgen values and leadership attributes
- Ability to capture disparate information and develop into executive ready materials
- Direct experience in a cross-functional business operations or strategic project management role
- Broad and deep understanding of Operations
- Highly organized
- Proved ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and supporting functions (e.g. Human Resources, Finance)
- Amgen financial acumen and ability to interpret and communicate financial information
- Models good decision-making behaviors and reinforces accurate decision making and meeting management according to DAI framework
- Able to excel in a matrixed organization, and possess strategic vision and sound project management skills
- Ability to partner and influence with Senior Executives and experience as a member of a high performing team
- Specialist on LEAN Manufacturing methodologies and in-depth knowledge of other Continuous Improvement methodologies along with practical experience with their application
- Proven project management skills and demonstrated ability to execute and lead sophisticated projects and programs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA)
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.