Global Medical Affairs Lead - Oncology Diagnostics and Biomarkers
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Oncology Diagnostics and Biomarkers Global Medical Affairs LeadLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role as the Oncology Diagnostics (Dx) and Biomarkers Global Medical Affairs Lead (GMAL) you will be accountable for the development and execution of global medical affairs diagnostics and biomarkers strategy for Amgens Oncology portfolio of assets across diagnostic technology platforms and tumor types. The Global Medical Affairs lead will work closely with cross-functional partners, regions and countries for coordination of biomarker diagnostic activities.The Oncology Dx and Biomarkers GMAL will:
- Collaborate with relevant product GMALs and cross-functionally to develop the medical affairs strategy for Dx/biomarkers
- Partner with regions and countries to execute Dx and biomarker strategy
- Lead Scientific Advisory boards and other meetings with Opinion Leaders
- Conduct individual Opinion Leader and Pathologist interactions
- Lead the medical Dx/biomarker strategy around major oncology congresses
- Review Investigator sponsored study (ISS) proposals and other types of research proposals concerning Dx/biomarker
- Interact with professional societies and advocacy groups for coordination of activities around Dx/biomarker education and awareness
- Support partnerships for Launch Preparation and Post-launch activities
- Participate in Dx Development Team meetings for relevant programs
- Facilitate and continue to build Amgens role as a science-based, patient-focused partner
- Determine resource and budget allocation necessary to deliver on global medical strategy
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The medical affairs professional we seek is a crossfunctional leader with these qualifications.
- MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school OR PhD OR PharmD
- AND 4 years of Medical Affairs experience or related pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong foundation in Life Sciences e.g. Molecular Biology, Genomics or Oncology
- MD plus accredited fellowship in Oncology or Pathology or Nuclear Medicine
- Experience with oncology clinical biomarker development, diagnostic development or Next Generation Sequencing platforms
- 5+ years Medical Affairs experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO) that includes collaborations with integrated delivery networks, accountable care organizations, and/or payers
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and interactions (e.g., OLs, advocacy groups, payers)
- Familiarity with global regulatory organizations, guidelines, and practices
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and global regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical product development, product lifecycle, and commercialization processes, including but not limited to, clinical operations, commercial, regulatory, and medical affairs
- History of solving problems while exhibiting sound scientific/medical judgment and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues
- In-depth understanding of scientific method and clinical applications based on medical, scientific, and practical rationale
- Track record of success collaborating in matrixed cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us. careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.