Sr. Manager, Corporate Affairs - R&D (Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Manager, Corporate Affairs R&D
This position can be remote, and does not need to sit in Thousand Oaks,Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will have primary responsibility for ensuring consistent, effective communication to staff within the function (Research & Development) and external audiences to support Amgens business priorities, with a focus on:
- Developing external and internal communications strategies and executing on tactics that help to advance the goals of Amgen R&D, notably to drive our reputation based on our science, innovation and pipeline
- Maintaining effective communication channels and developing content to drive staff engagement and alignment with business goals
- Identifying relevant and compelling content to be used internally and externally to highlight Amgen as a Best Place for Talent and our scientific excellence
- Ensuring R&D functional leaders have the tools and information needed to drive staff engagement within their organizations
- Participates in the development of the R&D strategic communication plan
- Leads execution of the internal and staff engagement aspects of the communications plan, including campaigns and tactics to support functional business goals; provides strategic counsel to R&D leadership for their internal communications plans
- Oversees R&D social media activities, including planning, content creation and reviews in collaboration with agency and corporate social teams
- Serves as primary liaison with Medical Affairs leadership to provide communications support for priority functional activities
- Manages content development, updates and reviews for the R&D section of Amgen.com and Amgenpipeline.com
- Supports R&D trade media outreach efforts including earned and paid opportunities
- Manages overall calendar for R&D activities and milestones, including identifying amplification opportunities for priority activities
- Assists in the identification, development and submission of key external awards relevant for R&D
- Manages the R&D communications budget including onboarding of new vendors, billing processes and budget tracking
- Travel required: approximately 10% (*note: this role could be located outside of T.O. for talent)
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The motivated professional we seek has these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Communications experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Communications experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Communications experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Communications experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Communications experiencePreferred Requirements
8+ years of experience in public relations
Biotechnology, pharmaceutical or healthcare communications experience
Significant internal communication and change management experience
Demonstrated proficiency working directly with executive management, including the ability to advise, influence, and coach on communication strategies
Outstanding written and oral communication skills, ability to distill complex issues and information into simple, compelling, and relevant messagesThrive
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.