Senior Associate Scientist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Associate ScientistLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will join our research team at Amgen's Thousand Oaks CA site (ATO) and contribute to the discovery and advancement of drugs for the treatment of respiratory diseases (COPD, asthma) and other inflammatory disorders
- Perform in vitro experiments - including, but not limited to single cell RNAseq using the 10x Genomics platform and determination of effects of drug targets using CRISPR and organoid cell cultures.
- Involve analysis of respiratory epithelium function, repair, and regeneration.
- Independently design and execute experiments and interpret results. Additional responsibilities will involve coordinating studies across functions and reporting results to multidisciplinary teams.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek is results driven with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree OR
Masters degree plus 4 years of scientific experience OR
Bachelors degree plus 6 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- PhD with strong knowledge and research experience in epithelial biology
- Capability in performing both in vitro and in vivo experiments
- Technical expertise in molecular and cellular biology including:
- qPCR expression analysis, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, cell-based assay development and tissue culture experience (particularly primary cell cultures)
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by a strong publication record and/or significant contributions to a therapeutic development program
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable, highly motivated, creative, and collaborative
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.