AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Perform production line duties required to meet production goals while complying with quality standards and safety requirements. This manufacturing leader will primarily be responsible for interpreting and relaying information as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for their assigned line, assist Production Supervisor/Manager with daily scheduling of tasks for line operators, working with Planning/Procurement to ensure inventory correlates with product demand and forecasting, product in-line inspection and transactions, troubleshooting, and maintaining a presence on the line. In addition, this individual will work closely with the Supervisor/Manager as the “Point of Contact” for production floor status. This individual will assist with leading daily Tier meetings. This individual must be able to hold others accountable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- In support of the Production Supervisor, responsible for production by communicating job expectations; monitoring, and appraising job results; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process and completes production plan by establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Provides manufacturing information by analyzing production performance records and data; use SAP to transact work orders and compile data.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Applies industry knowledge and technical experience to identify and implement process improvements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Conducting retraining and ensuring line personnel are trained on assembly and processes. Ensures continuity and uniformity of technical proficiency and skills across the line.
- Maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring all items are calibrated. Oversees VMI materials and manages expired materials.
- Manages inventory of subassemblies when necessary and thoroughly tracks inventory counts to assist the Production Supervisor/Manager, Service Manager, and Material Planning Manager.
- Performs assembly work as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work overtime as requested by the Supervisor. This may include nights, weekends, and holidays during times critical to our business such as month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- Minimum 3-5 years of Production Lead/Manufacturing Lead experience required, preferably in the medical device industry.
- • Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to translate and converse about technical and analytical issues to technical and non-technical contacts
- Strong technical PC skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Access, Excel, and Word
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to work all shifts (up to 12 hours), depending on business needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact and supervise members in a team environment
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.