Scientist II/ Senior Scientist I, Biochemist (Protein Degradation Platform)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated biologist/ biochemist, preferably with pharma/biotech experience, to join the Protein Degradation Platform Team in North Chicago, IL. This individual should have expertise in ubiquitin-related signaling or targeted protein degradation biology. A proven track record in successfully developing biochemical assays that probe this system is preferred. This individual should enjoy working with innovative technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide expertise in ubiquitin-related signaling and E3 ligase biology
- Develop innovative strategies to study Protein Degrader engagement with the ubiquitin proteasome system
- Implement robust in vitro profiling assays that support chemistry efforts in understanding structure-activity relationships
- Apply novel techniques towards Protein Degrader drug discovery and elucidation of mechanism of action
- Lead and interact with cross-functional scientific teams
- Present research activities at internal and external meetings.
Position will be hired based on level of experience/ education.
- BS, MS or PhD in pharmacology, cellular/molecular biology, biochemistry, enzymology, chemical biology or related fields with typically 7+ (BS), 5+ (MS), or 0+ (PhD) years of experience; 2 years of industry experience is preferred
- Experience and publication track record in ubiquitin-proteasome system and/or targeted protein degradation biology
- Proficient at developing enzyme activity assays and/or protein-protein interaction assays
- Experience with molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Experience analyzing data using statistical software programs such as GraphPad PRISM, Microsoft Excel, and Spotfire
- Motivated, independent, and productive problem solver with a proven ability to advance new scientific understandings
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, yet works efficiently in teams to achieve objectives
- Present research activities/results at internal and external meetings, and publish in peer-reviewed journals
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.