Regional Director, CNS (4D888), Northern Plains, MN
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Regional Director (RD) reports directly to the Area VP of Sales and will have direct management and leadership responsibilities for managing 6 to 8 Divisional Managers (DMs) within their assigned Region. She/he will develop DMs’ leadership and coaching skills to empower his/her team to succeed with individual and group goals. The RD will also have indirect management and leadership responsibilities for up to 90 Sales Representatives working within the Region.
Leading this Regional Sales team will require a high amount of face to face field time to engage all members of the Region. The general expectation is that that approx. 50% of the leader’s time be in the field with Representatives, Divisional Managers and Key Customers. For most Regions that will require 30%-50% overnight travel.
The RDs business priorities will be:
- Development and Growth of Divisional Managers and Sales Representatives by being highly engaged and involved with all members of the Regional team.
- Sales Results and prescription growth for their assigned geography
- Execution of brand plans and creating specific local market strategies to capitalize on local business opportunities.
- Foster a positive work environment and culture that encourages the investigation and evaluation of emerging ideas to enhance organizational performance.
In addition, this individual should demonstrate a thorough understanding of all Company and competitive products (i.e., package inserts, costs, product features/benefits, side effects, clinical reprints/studies) to enhance the sales process and drive sales results. She/he should translate function and organizational strategies/goals into clearly-communicated team and individual goals and expectations, ensuring all Regional personnel comprehend goals, roles, responsibilities and how their day-to-day activities impact customers/company performance.
Cities/Territories covered: Northern Plains – WI, MN, SD, ND, NE, KS, OK, CO, UT, ID, WY, MT
- Consecutive Leadership experience, knowledge in CNS a plus
- At least five years’ experience as Divisional Sales Manager, preferred
- Documented track record of strong objective sales performance and overall performance over a period of time
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Well developed coaching and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with direct reports in the delivery of coaching and performance feedback.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
- Advanced business analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities and threats and then determine actions to drive business and overcome challenges.
- Demonstrated clinical product knowledge.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills to balance multiple priorities.
- Skills to create and deliver formal and informal presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Overnight travel is required
- Preference is to live within the Region to maximize field time.
Significant Work Activities
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.