Associate Director, Talent Management
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Talent Management, Global Commercial Headquarters will join a diverse, collaborative team of talent specialists whose primary focus is to drive performance through talent strategies. This individual will be instrumental in educating and consulting with leaders and Business Human Resources (HR) on talent management best practices to drive talent outcomes and business performance for the Global Commercial Headquarters teams including Global Marketing, Market Access and Global Commercial Development.
- Lead a cross-functional team of Talent colleagues to create and implement a comprehensive talent strategy to advance the talent pipeline with a focus on critical roles
- Partner with BHR and key stakeholders to establish and implement talent and development strategies, in alignment with the broader AbbVie Talent strategy and practices.
- Partner with and coach leadership to identify top talent within the organization and differentiate their development, creating a deep pipeline of talent.
- Guide Human Resources and Business Leaders to adopt a talent-first agenda and make associated talent decisions that align with the business strategy.
- Lead process implementation for Performance Management and Talent Reviews; train BHR on practice, process and tools and support BHR and leaders to implement the processes to consistent, high standards
- Assess outcomes of talent management processes and drive better process and talent outcomes year over year.
- Provide expert consultation on all phases of talent management such as succession planning, assessment and feedback, development planning, and senior leader transitions.
- Provide insights that lead to solutions and actions to build capability of talent.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5 years in Human Resources Management with emphasis in Talent Management practice.
- Proven experience leading teams directly and indirectly
- Fluency working with HR analytics to identify insights that lead to improved talent outcomes.
- Effective in managing complex projects across multi-disciplinary, matrix environments.
- Ability to build executive ready presentations, communicate with executive audiences.
- Experienced in developing strategies and implementing the related tactics.
- Experience in leveraging senior business leaders to sponsor solutions.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and consulting skills.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.