Contracts SpecialistAllakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases. Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Position Summary:As a member of the Allakos team you will have the opportunity to assess, analyze, draft, review, negotiate and finalize 3rd party and vendor contracts for assigned departments, as well as proactively manage current contracts processes and develop and improve contracts processes, including the use of a contract request system. You will efficiently and effectively assist Allakos’s client departments with their contracting for services. In this role, you will work independently and be the sole negotiator on assigned contracts and will collaborate with team members and management on complex matters. This role reports to the Director of Contracts.
- Conduct compliant, thorough, and appropriate assessment, analysis, drafting, review, negotiation and issuance of assigned contractual documents while adhering to required timelines, including the Allakos Contracts Policy.
- Negotiate the best contract terms possible for Allakos while enabling the business to move forward, taking into consideration risk exposure and risk tolerance by the requesting client department.
- Provide detailed information to clients regarding negotiated terms, and any deviations from standard Allakos contract template terms. Provide guidance and clear explanations for the differences in risk exposure.
- Proactively lead process improvements or other projects that enhance and streamline contract processes, systems, tools and other resources, including the development of contract request systems.
- Work collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with all internal and external partners and clients
- Proactively provide internal stakeholders with information regarding department processes, procedures, and contract development, including development and presentation of training materials.
- Consistently adhere to contract and document tracking requirements, including through the use of contract management processes and systems.
- Proactively collaborate with internal team members and other Allakos groups to share best practices, policies, and procedures, etc.
- Attend and occasionally present at department and group meetings, staying current on department and group projects, goals, and issues.
- Train other Legal team members on group/departmental processes and operational activities and customer specific processes.
- Independently determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Any other tasks required by the Legal department.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelors degree
- Extensive experience using and administering contract request and recording systems (e.g. Cobblestone, Conga, etc.)
- Minimum of 10 years experience in comparable role, e.g., legal, contract management and administration, or procurement.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills in a variety of different agreement types.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop close working relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain problem-solving approach in collaboration with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and implement effective work stream processes.
- Strong organizational skills; able to organize and follow through with projects; ability to efficiently handle large volume of contracts.
- Strong commitment to customer service.