Process Development Associate
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Process Development AssociateLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role you will perform analytical method development and qualification, comparability activities, and routine testing for late-stage clinical and commercial recombinant protein pharmaceuticals both drug substance and drug product. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with other scientists in a multidisciplinary, multi-site team to execute the full scope of analytical methods for in-process testing, stability, comparability and protein structure characterization, while ensuring timely completion of notebook entries, and reports.
- Perform testing and data review for HPLC/UHPLC, CEC, HILIC. Perform method development and qualification in support of drug substance and drug product activities.
- Participate in team efforts directed at advancing technology development programs.
- Troubleshoots issues with instrumentation and analytical methods.
- Adheres to safe laboratory practices and maintains GMP compliance.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Process Development professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree OR Associates degree and 4 years of Scientific experience OR High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Scientific experience.
- Bachelors degree in life sciences, biological sciences, biochemistry, physical sciences, or chemical engineering
- 2+ years of scientific experience within the biotech industry, experience to include data analyses, statistical analysis, setting acceptance criteria in support of process development, process/method transfers, and comparability studies
- Strong understanding of various analytical techniques, including High- and Ultra High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC/UHPLC) and Capillary Electrophoresis (CE)
- Good problem-solving skills requiring the application of scientific theory
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
#Operations21Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.