Business Development Manager - Digital Health and Innovation
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role, you will be responsible for digital/tech market sensing/prospecting and will help drive strategic opportunities in the digital health/data and analytics space. Amgen is seeking a Business Development Manager to join the Digital Health & Innovation (DH&I) organization. The Manager will report to the Director, Technology, Strategy & Innovation BD Lead.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for maintaining visibility into the digital/technology ecosystem and will serve as the lead in the development and delivery of market sensing/competitive intelligence efforts in the digital health/technology space. The Incumbent will also be responsible for driving the teams internal and external engagement strategies. Expected tangible results from the Manager include establishing strategic relationships by executing collaborative agreements in partnership with Amgens legal and Compliance groups and managing established relationships. The Manager may also be involved in engaging with external corporate entities to source, evaluate and negotiate agreements to access innovative technologies in support of Amgens overall Digital Health & Innovation strategy.
Key responsibilities of the Business Development Manager include:
- Maintain visibility into the digital health ecosystem and the landscape of digital technology, to inform DH&I strategy development and engagement planning and to identify key trends and opportunities to shape enterprise digital strategy
- Lead in the development and delivery of tech Competitive Intelligence Reports- ensuring DH&I and stakeholders are kept abreast of key technology headlines/news and its impact to the business and healthcare ecosystem at large
- Build and maintains positive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including cross functional Amgen teams as well as digital health ecosystem to understand their needs
- Consult with relevant internal stakeholders to gather customer insights and needs
- Create internal & external understanding around DH&I projects through succinct summaries and published pieces
- Lead execution of cross-functional strategies in consultation with key stakeholders
- Drive successful and timely completion of cross-functional deliverables
- Drive effective decision making within the team, including communication of decisions to appropriate stakeholders
Masters degree and 2 years of Healthcare Technology experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Healthcare Technology experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Healthcare Technology experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Healthcare Technology experience
- 4+ years of experience in biotech/pharma/technology business development and/or drug development
- Experience in working at or with Digital Start ups and/or Digital Health technology companies with experience in a BD or partnership, consulting or deal-making role
- A passion for digital health and technology with the ability to identify and hone in on opportunities that will drive business impact
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- McKinsey/Bain or BCG consulting experience if applicable in areas of Digital Delivery
- Experience with relationship management and executive level advisory role(s)
- Biotech or Pharma experience in an integrated technology environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set the context and present on complex subjects to senior management in a clear and concise manner
- High ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity, ability to see the big picture, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and facilitate decision-making
- Experience with Venture Capital
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.