Amgen is seeking a Senior Associate Data Scientist to join the Operations Information System organization. This position will partner with Supply Chain to build leading edge analytics applications. Our success is inspired by our dedication to our patients, to our business clients, and to using technologies that deliver critical business value. We value individuals who have high personal standards of productivity, quality and ethics. We value people who are intellectually curious and love learning. You will need to have the ability to quickly learn about the biotechnology operations value chain, including supply chain, logistics, and manufacturing systems. We are looking for someone who can work independently but values collaboration and learning from others.
Core Responsibilities for the Role:
- You will evaluate and utilize state of the art technologies (data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, modeling, and simulation tools) to meet Supply Chain business needs
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models (supervised and unsupervised) and proof of concepts
- Translate complex problems and solutions and provide actionable insight to executives
- Transform ambiguous business questions into measurable and impactful insights
- Collaborate cross-functionally with supply chain business partners to develop proof of concepts and industrialize analytics and modeling applications for scale.
- You will collaborate with the data engineering team members to ensure all services are secure, reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms.
- Present analysis, ideas, progress, and results to business partners in clear and impactful manner
- Advanced Degree in Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or Supply Chain Management
- Experience building a variety of machine learning, forecasting or statistical models
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Experience writing SQL queries, mining large and imbalanced datasets, using data visualization tools
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into simple business recommendations
- Excellent communicator able to write and speak about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences
- Aptitude for quickly ramping up on new technology
- Ability to juggle several complex projects simultaneously
- Taking initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience building Anaplan models or similar planning and forecasting modeling is highly preferred
- Experience building models for Integrated Business Planning or Sales and Operations Planning is highly preferred
- Knowledge of clinical trials lifecycle and clinical demand planning is highly preferred
- Kinaxis RapidResponse experience
- Experience creating dashboards in Tableau
- Experience with ML libraries like scikitlearn, MLib, Keras, TensorFlow, Pytorch, etc.
- Experience with distributed (Spark, Dask) and cloud (AWS, GCP) computing
- Biotech / Pharma experience
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.