Business Development Sr Manager - Transactions Analysis
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Business Development Senior Manager (TAG)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will report to our Executive Director of Business Development. The Senior Manager will work out of our main corporate campus in Thousand Oaks, CA.
The Senior Managers primary role will be to execute the in-depth financial analysis required to support M&A, in/out licensing, JVs, spin-outs and strategy projects. The Senior Manager will work closely with deal teams and be responsible for valuation and financial modeling. The Senior Manager will synthesize and present the results to deal teams and senior management. The Senior Manager will coordinate with key parts of finance (FP&A, Treasury, Accounting and Tax) to communicate and assess the impact of transactions (including broad weekly updates).
Secondary responsibilities include driving the creation and evolution of financial valuation standards within Business Development and engagement on Corporate Strategy projects, as necessary.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The highly-motivated professional we seek has these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree & 2 years of Finance/Accounting experience
Masters degree & 4 years of Finance/Accounting experience
Bachelors degree or & 6 years of Finance/Accounting experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Finance/Accounting experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Finance/Accounting experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience working in Corporate Finance or Business Development role.
- Deep valuation and financial modeling experience (Excel power user)
- Strong business research and financial analysis skills, with an emphasis on accounting and Corporate Finance
- An ability to generate broad and productive internal network and an understanding of how to manage across various internal Finance groups
- Strong presence with Senior Executives including ability to communicate effectively on a prepared and ad-hoc basis
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, specifically financial analysis with an emphasis on valuation
- Proven leadership skills and organization management experience
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and interpret complex problems
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills with an emphasis on communications to senior executives
- Team oriented player with a strong work ethic
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.