Talent Acquisition Partner, Research & Early Development
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
** This is expected to be a 6-12 month contract position.
We are seeking a strategic Recruiter who will work as a member of the global Talent Acquisition team supporting the Research & Early Development (R&ED) organization, responsible for full life-cycle recruitment activities for Bristol-Myers Squibb. There is a strong preference for this person to be based in or near one of our West Coast-based offices or sites in: San Diego, CA, Redwood City, CA, Seattle, WA. Contract length is expected to be a minimum of 6 months.
This role will primarily support West Coast (San Diego, Redwood City, Seattle) full-time hiring needs across multiple areas of Research & Early Development. The Recruiter will partner closely with a few Senior Talent Acquisition Partners on the West Coast on various hiring builds and existing recruitment needs. With the support and guidance of the Senior West Coast R&ED recruitment team, the Recruiter will be responsible for managing the end-to-end recruiting process from the Recruiting Strategy meeting, to posting, screening until the offer has been accepted. This will happen in collaboration with the R&ED TA Team, Hiring Manager and HR Business Partner.
- Set expectations in the Recruiting Strategy meeting as to roles and responsibilities of the hiring manager and HRBP.
- Recruiter will be responsible for providing quality candidates to the hiring manager & HRBP, timeliness of their presentations, while providing updates throughout the interview process
- Provide recruitment status updates to the Hiring Manager and HRBP
- Champion structured interviewing and selection methodology / approach with client group
- Screen candidates
- Prior to onsite interviews, the recruiter will prepare the candidate for their interview day
- Manage candidate debrief sessions following the interviews – communication with the candidate throughout the interviewing process.
- Work with the HRBP in order to put forward a competitive offer package – with input from the hiring manager
- Talent Delivery Managers will ensure the communication takes place weekly with the HM and HR
- Will manage relationships with third party vendors (if engaged)
- BA/BS degree required; preference given to candidates with a concentration in life sciences
- Three (3)+ years of successful recruiting experience (agency or in-house)
- Pharma/Biotech industry with emphasis in R&D strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience/interface with senior level management and TA business partners
- Proficient in using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) – Workday preferred
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential information.
- Ability to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to perform role with high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to meet tight deadlines and superior customer service are all critical success factors for this role.
- Flexibility - be available for meetings during business hours in time zones where clients are based.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.