HTS Cell Culture Technician
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
THE PROBLEMS YOU’LL SOLVE
The demand for primary cell types and immortalized cell lines is increasing as the scope of our work continues to grow. In this position, you’ll play an essential role in identifying drug candidates by producing the cellular resources needed to perform thousands of high-content screens per year. You’ll work on multiple concurrent projects and will evaluate, implement, and improve upon large-scale human cell culture systems capable of producing billions of cells per week.
On any given day, you will perform the in vitro culture of mammalian cells across a variety of cell types, plate formats, and media conditions while employing exceptional aseptic technique. Your work will significantly increase the speed of our drug discovery platform and will help us achieve our mission of decoding biology to radically improve lives.
In this role you will:
- Perform important experiments with careful attention to detail, consistency, and documentation.
- Collaborate with our biological and computational science teams to develop the most efficient path to success across all of our laboratory assays.
- Grow your knowledge and learn about new approaches and techniques in Molecular Biology and Data Science.
- Experience a brand new state of the art cell culture facility deploying the latest in cell culture technology while working on a tight-knit, focused, and spirited HTS team.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree or similar in a biological field
- Experience with mammalian in vitro culture systems is a plus
- Demonstrated and/or practiced aseptic techniques
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, organize tasks and deliver quality with efficiency
- Some familiarity/comfort with computational tools is desirable. We embrace the efficiency that comes with using computers to document cell expansion and banking activities in real time
- We're looking for technicians who know when they need to ask for help/insights from their teammates, but can also figure most things out for themselves when needed
- A passion for working in a start-up culture where you’ll leverage creativity and independent thinking to find answers wherever you can
- Ability to bend, lift, and carry up to 50lb’s
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.