Manager, Human Resources
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The HR Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the site and oversees the implementation of all human resource policies, procedures, programs and services.
- Assist in the hiring and selection process for exempt and non-exempt positions
- Partner with business leaders, Talent Acquisition Recruiters and Director of HR in the development and execution of staffing strategies to ensure recruitment of high potential talent at appropriate staffing levels.
- Advise management regarding hiring decisions, equal employment opportunities, employee relations, compensation, and benefits
- In conjunction with HR Generalist, manageall Leave of Absence processes
- Ensure that department heads are aware of appropriate HR practices and applicable regulations
- Address and resolve employee relations issues, including termination situations
- Proactively maintain a positive work environment in collaboration with the team members on site
- Partner with management in addressing employee issues or concerns and facilitate resolutions that are fair and consistent
- Assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations
- Drive the performance review process to ensure consistency, fairness and timeliness; coach management to provide valuable and timelyreviews that align and support the company’s long-term strategic goals and objectives
- Oversee maintenance of personnel files and confidential data
- Serve as point of contact for employees to voice concerns, ask questions and request assistance
- Collaborate with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth
- Develop and interpret company policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations; provide appropriate training to management regarding relevant federal, state and local employment laws
- Ensure successful onboarding of all new hires and the completion of exit interviews upon discharge
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent
- At least 10 years of Human Resources experience
- At least 4years of management and/or supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of federal and state laws
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively with ability to function well in a team environment
- PHR/SPHR or SHRP-CP/SHRM-SCP
- Background in international business operations
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the administrative and HR related functions of the site. If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company, you should seize this opportunity.