Associate Director, Global Marketing, GCEX Strategic Initiatives & PMO
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Within Global Customer Excellence, the Strategic Initiatives & Program Management Office (PMO) Associate Director acts as the program manager for several key strategic projects. This role leads a diverse, cross-functional team of experts across functional and geographic boundaries without direct authority, to deliver business solutions to complex problems. The solutions would integrate one or more components of people, process, and technology and advance FutureFit capabilities or functional priorities. The AD, will develop and implement use of effective program management tools and methodologies for evaluating, executing, managing, and closing out projects across the portfolio and drive cross-functional team effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Works with Functional Leadership teams to identify business opportunities; expertly manages stakeholder expectations and scope of projects.
- Manages Implementation Teams; drives completion of projects to achieve outcomes short and long term.
- Responsible for key project deliverables including timelines, risk matrix, dashboards, communication plan and will be accountable for overall program delivery.
- Evaluates strategic risks of business initiatives, recommends actions, and develops plans to cope with various scenarios.
- Synthesizes input from multiple disciplines, functions to discover best problem solutions in total business context.
- Links strategic objectives to the work; guides the team to develop solutions that build future capabilities. Deploys constructive conflict resolution tactics.
- Applies Technology in innovative ways to anticipate or address customer needs.
- Within the context of the assigned projects, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with business partners at various levels of the organization, including executive level, as well as other internal and external resources.
- For assigned projects, responsible for directing, managing, and coordinating the work of team members (for potentially multiple projects) including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants, and contractors, as well as vendors. Managing and forecasting SME and project resource workloads.
- Promotes operational excellence best practice and knowledge sharing across GCEX global, area and affiliate teams.
- BS/BA in related business, finance, technology, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in executing large, cross functional or global initiatives using a project management framework within business operations preferably in pharma or consulting.
- Proven track record of success being a high-level independent and team contributor to lead multiple projects and processes.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written required. Ability to craft compelling business cases and stakeholder presentations.
- Keen awareness to cultural nuances; proven ability to work in a global environment,
- Demonstrated capability to foster high levels of trust and credibility with internal business partners (BTS, HR, finance) and with external vendors.
- Proven ability to effectively manage through ambiguity; creates structure and alignment with limited direction.
- Experience analyzing complex business problems and facilitating the design of innovative solutions. Expertise in standard process design, use case gathering or design thinking methodologies desired.
- PMP, Six Sigma or other equivalent project management and/or process improvement advanced certification(s)
- Extensive project planning and management experience including successful implementation of business and/or technology initiatives in a commercial setting.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.