Group Copy Supervisor - AMI (Pacific Communications)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
GROUP COPY SUPERVISOR
The Group Copy Supervisor is responsible for leading content development and working closely with Editorial, Art, and Account partners, along with the Medical Director and Creative Management, to ensure clients are satisfied with the quality of our work, the value of our services, and responsiveness to their needs.
Medical/Hands-on Work (70%)
- Works with Art partner to produce and lead medical education content across a variety of channels, primarily decks, videos, and printed materials
- Lead writer on medical education (peer-to-peer) projects and clinical HCP promotional materials with minimal supervision
- Manages and works independently, often under tight deadlines, while juggling multiple projects
- Writes content that is clear, compelling, and free of errors, as well as correctly referenced and annotated using AMA-style
- Actively participates in client and KOL meetings
- Participates in MLR reviews and pulling through requested revisions to get materials approved efficiently and smoothly
- Contributes to strategy discussions
- Assigns writers best suited for each project based on ability and workload
- Works closely with Art, Editorial, Traffic and Project Management to ensure jobs stay on track with deadlines and budgets
- Proactively seeks feedback from creative and account partners, as well as Medical Director
- Identifies and interviews perspective medical writing candidates
- Maintains strong client relationships
- Assures that all supervised writers are trained and mentored to maintain the expectations of the agency and client
- Consistently demonstrates to clients an understanding of their brands, the medical category, and marketing challenges, and is responsive to their strategic and scientific needs
- Represents agency at client and KOL meetings
This position can be located in Irvine CA or remote work may be considered.
- Prefer at least 7 years in pharmaceutical marketing agency experience
- Degree in science, preferably advanced (MS, PhD, PharmD)
- A proven track record of scientific ability and judgement; successful client contact experience; the ability to work collaboratively with teams; excellent presentation skills, strong marketing and strategic abilities; a deep understanding of MLR review process and requirements; excellent writing skills for decks, videos, and HCP-facing collateral (eg instructional guides)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.