Associate Director, BTS Training
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Technology is rapidly becoming an integral part of how businesses operate, evolve and advance; and is creating an incredible opportunity for technology professionals within AbbVie to make a direct, relatable impact on AbbVie’s mission. At the same time, the speed of change in technology is faster than it was ever before. These converging trends are creating numerous learning and development pathways and demands of the Business Technology Solutions (BTS) professionals here at AbbVie. To help our people succeed - we are looking for a creative, passionate, and progressive learning and development leader to join the BTS Strategy and Continuous Improvement organization. Working within AbbVie’s learning and development framework, this is an exciting opportunity to apply and extend the framework for the technology organization; and to create the best learning and development experience for the BTS personnel. In this role you will:
- Provide the strategic direction as well as the tactical actions that drive:
- Learning pathways, curricula and resources that ensure BTS personnel are skilled and ready to fulfil their job responsibilities. The scope of BTS learning includes technical, functional, leadership as well as compliance aspects of BTS learning.
- Apply AbbVie’s 70-20-10 learning methodology to BTS, to define and implement a framework for hands-on experience and mentorship to amplify the curriculum-based learning.
- Manage the execution of development training by partnering with BTOs to provide a portfolio of enterprise-wide BTS training courses
- Facilitate design of training plans, content delivery strategies and deliverable of multiple and/or complex projects
- Facilitate the registration, design and development of training content to support technology learning in partnership with BTOs and project teams
- Develop and deploy consistent methodologies for training needs, course development and delivery, and training program evaluation/effectiveness measurements.
- Manage and maintain relationships with preferred training third-party suppliers
- Directly responsible for the effective organization, administration, training and supervision of direct reports, and oversight over all Managed Service Provider Training coordinators.
- Establishing methods and key performance metrics to evaluate the overall effectiveness of BTS learning programs and develops/implements improvements as appropriate
- Build and maintain relationships with BTS management and the business to understand and support training needs.
- Manage all inspections, audits and implementation: Perform periodic audits of the MSP training support. Issue audit reports and assist BTO’s with development of corrective action plans. Ensures tracking and implementation of commitments from inspections.
- Provide input as a BTS policy team member on all BTS SOP’s to ensure appropriate audience identification, alignment to training plans and Strategy and Architecture feedback.
- Responsible for the team providing registration software tool support for the organization.
- Oversight of employees and 3 direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in directing and managing an internal technology training program
- Experience working with IT and business leadership
- In depth knowledge of eLMS and registration software
- Demonstrate successful coaching/mentoring and people management
- Able to champion the employee experience and identify learning opportunities
- Impeccable attention to detail, analytical acumen, verbal and written communication skills along with a passion for excellence
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience is preferred
- BTS Leadership Team and Staff
- BTS Compliance Managers
- Director of Change Management and Training
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.