Senior Analyst, Business System - Corporate Responsibility & Global Philanthropy
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This role is responsible for maintaining and implementing new or existing IT technology components for the Corporate Responsibility & Global Philanthropy area including Global Philanthropy, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG Strategy & Engagement, Patient Access Programs and Global Grants & Charitable Donations. Resource will have a strong technology background as they partner with the business and BTS lead(s) to provide expert advice, assistance and leadership with planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance, and effective business use of information systems. Applies relevant principles to support projects and ongoing activities. Completes tasks which support a project or functional team. Partners with vendors to ensure portfolio stability.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work. Applies and executes standard information system theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability. Develops solutions to problems where casual relationships can be identified, and precedents exists.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations.
- Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Assists with testing strategies and develops preliminary findings. Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence.
- Analyzes departmental processes and makes recommendations to satisfy business needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff. Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed business process improvements and the technical solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years technical experience, or Master’s degree plus 4 years’ experience
- Experience in a Business System Analyst role
- Systems Testing experience required
- IT Implementation experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.