Director, Aesthetics R&D - Integrations Lead
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Allergan Aesthetics R&D Integration Lead will coordinate Global Allergan Aesthetics R&D M&A diligence activities for late stage / commercialized products, coordinate planning and execution for integrations and divestitures, define transition services and identify Allergan Aesthetics R&D owners, initiate and track transitional services execution and cutovers. Work with AbbVie (parent company) Integration Lead to ensure smooth a cohesive integration with shared services / functions across business units.
Support Allergan Aesthetics R&D Scientific Assessments, operational excellence, and continuous improvement initiatives related to diligence and integrations.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
- A Leader in Integration Improvement. You will act as Global Allergan Aesthetics R&D Integration Lead. You will coordinate Global Allergan Aesthetics R&D diligence activities for late stage / commercialized products, coordinate planning and execution for integrations and divestitures, define transition services and identify Allergan Aesthetics R&D owners, initiate and track transitional services execution and cutovers. Work with AbbVie (parent company) Corporate Integration Lead & commercial partners to ensure smooth a cohesive integration with shared services / functions across business units.
- A Creative Strategic Thinker. You will support Allergan Aesthetics Scientific Assessments, operational excellence, and continuous improvement initiatives related to diligence and integrations.
- A part of the team R&D team. You will work with key R&D functional leaders and asset leaders to assess gaps and ensure the Allergan Aesthetics Asset Leadership vision is realized
- Work to improve Integration / Divestiture Planning and Execution:
- Coordinate Allergan Aesthetics R&D diligence activities alongside Scientific Assessments (acquisitions and divestitures) for late stage and commercialized products
- Identify Allergan Aesthetics R&D integration and divestiture functional leads
- Coordinate and support Allergan Aesthetics integration related implications to provide R&D deal input during diligence.
- Lead Cross-Functional global R&D workstream(s) to create pre-integration plans and lead the post-close execution activities.
- Work with AbbVie (parent company) Transition Office (ATO) to ensure a smooth transition into shared functions
- Track, Report, Present to senior management
- Develop R&D playbook, tools, and templates to enable Allergan Aesthetics Alliance Management, Integration and Divestiture Planning and Execution
- Work with project management to track key milestones and monitor synergies to completion.
- Coach regional and affiliate leads to build integration capabilities in the organization as needed.
- Contribute to new capability, process, and / or digital innovation efforts and contribute to operational excellence initiatives
- Help drive the vision and capabilities of the Allergan Aesthetics Asset Leadership function
- Bachelor’s degree in technical, scientific, and / or business discipline.
- Master’s degree (MS / MBA) in technical, scientific, and / or business discipline and / or scientific doctorate (PhD, MD) preferred.
- Minimum 10 years prior experience within the biopharmaceutical, life sciences, or Med Device industries.
- Experience in M&A, Post-Merger Integration, and / or significant enterprise-wide transformational projects.
- Experience in designing and implementing integration process design, mechanics and protocols across a wide range of functions.
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage the timelines and decision making.
- Strong functional / line expertise in Strategy and Operations; working knowledge of other corporate functions – Commercial, R&D, Finance, HR, IT.
- Ability to lead in a matrix and work with many diverse internal and external stakeholders within Allergan Aesthetics and across other functions.
- Understand and interpret deal models and timelines.
- Strong executive presence and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.