Finance Manager, Business Technology Solutions
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Finance Manager drives all aspects of the financial planning and analysis with respect to Actual, Plan, Update, LBE and LRP for the BTS Operations, Enterprise Systems (including Corporate Services) and Application CoE organizations. The Finance Manager will interact with multiple Finance and Business stakeholders to provide financial guidance, analysis, business decision support and lead key initiatives for BTS.
- Responsible for the planning (Plan/LBEs/LRP) and reporting processes for BTS Operations and Application CoE areas.
- Leads the monthly actual financial analysis including comparisons against Plan/Update/LBEs to highlight risks and opportunities.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of monthly close activities.
- Develop and prepare key management reports (including monthly actuals) emphasizing historical results, budgets, forecasts, and trends.
- Leads the consolidated planning, analysis and reporting processes for Operations, Enterprise Systems (including Corporate Services) and Application CoE areas, including P&L, headcount, balance sheet, capital, and project expenses for the VP of Operations, Enterprise Systems and AppCoE organization and her leadership team.
- Provides management with clear insights into drivers of business and financial performance and risk, assesses business/market opportunities and informs/recommends prioritization decisions.
- Leads the business-funded capital and project expense planning and reporting for Operations and Corporate Services areas, which includes driving discussion and collaboration with the Business Finance to forecast the ongoing impacts of business-funded projects.
- Serve as collaborative business partner to the supported areas and help to identify and drive process development and improvements both in the finance and the business areas.
- Leads ad-hoc analysis to cultivates transformation savings initiatives, spend management, projects and process improvements and other strategic initiatives
- Meets all financial reporting requirements for the Business Group, BTS HQ and Corporate. Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and business policies and procedures.
- Interacts with all levels of management in both the BTS and Business areas including BTS VPs, Directors, and Managers, BTS FP&A, and Accounting COE. Primary support for the VP of Operations, Enterprise Systems and AppCoE organization.
- B.A/B.S Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 7 years progressive finance/ accounting experience
- Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient excel skills required
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and adapt quickly to change to achieve required timeline
- Previous supervisory experience
- IBM Cognos TM1, HFM experience
- SAP General Ledger and SRM experience
- MBA/CPA a plus
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns and grasps concepts fast and can change course quickly where necessary
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
- Anticipates problems and opportunities
- Has a great sense to prioritize responsibilities and lead project / processes
- Drives excellent performance without being close supervised
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.