Associate, Clinical Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Clinical Analytics is an ambitious team of Data Scientists with a unique blend of Business, Scientific, and Machine Learning expertise that seeks to unleash the full potential of AbbVie’s data assets by bringing technology and/or data and insights to the forefront of decision making via fit-for-purpose data analytics solutions.
The Associate, Clinical Analytics is a key role to enable application of analytics techniques across clinical development processes. Ensures consistency in analysis techniques and delivery against cross-functional analytics and visualization needs. Accountable for gathering cross-functional input into the development of Clinical Analytics Team Deliverables. Ensures data integrity and quality prior to analysis.
- For assigned clinical trials, works with the cross-functional study team to enable fit-for-purpose analytics solutions
- Works with team to ensure analytical work product is consistent from study to study where appropriate and that user experience is optimized and follows the design principles and standards established by the team
- Leverages proven statistical methodologies and those methodologies established as standard by the team
- Enables data-driven insights to support of clinical trial data review activities
- Supports the creation and maintenance of appropriate documentation outlined by the standard procedures
- If assigned, participates in functional innovation and process improvement initiatives
- Develops thorough understanding of the Regulatory process and relevant guidelines. For assigned deliverables, ensures adherence to federal regulations and applicable local regulations, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), ICH Guidelines, AbbVie Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and to functional quality standards
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, analytics, bioinformatics, data science or equivalent field with 2+ years (BS) or 0+ years (MS) of related experience
- Intermediate-level proficiency in R, SAS or other statistical packages. Intermediate-level knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques
- Intermediate proficiency with visualization tools like Spotfire, Tableau or equivalent
- Experience with Machine Learning and other advanced analytics techniques preferred
- Demonstrated effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate analytical and technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.