Manager- Clinical Trial Risk and Quality Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Clinical Analytics is an ambitious team of Data Scientists with a unique blend of Business, Scientific, and Machine Learning expertise that seeks to unleash the full potential of AbbVie’s data assets by bringing technology and/or data and insights to the forefront of decision making via fit-for-purpose data analytics solutions.
The Manager, Clinical Analytics is a strategic role within Clinical Analytics and is a primary conduit to the cross-functional leadership to identify opportunities across R&D. Drives Analytics innovation and experimentation to enable data-driven insights for complex business problems. Ensures consistency in analysis techniques and delivery against cross-functional analytics and visualization requirements. Accountable for gathering cross-functional input into the development of Advanced Analytics capabilities and ensures follow-through via robust project management and stake holder management.
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams as an analytics consultant to strategize on how analytics can help evaluate the progress of clinical trials, as well as facilitate discussions around emerging risks; applies machine learning techniques to validate assumptions and predict future behavior
- Leads and helps establish the design principles and standards to ensure analytical work product is consistent across projects where appropriate and that user experience is optimized
- Leads both cross-functional innovation and functional process improvement initiatives and ‘lessons learned’ events
- Enables innovation through rapid prototyping and experimentation
- Influences the cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities to unleash the fullpotential of data and analytics
- Enables data-driven insights to support of clinical development, including precision medicine
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring junior team members. May include direct supervision of staff
- Stays abreast with latest trends and innovation in the analytics space
- Acts as a technology subject matter expert and influences the Analytics technology strategy
- Ensures adherence to federal regulations and applicable local regulations, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), ICH Guidelines, AbbVie Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and to functional quality standards. Stays abreast of new and/or evolving local regulations, guidelines and policies related to clinical development
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, analytics, bioinformatics, data science or equivalent field with 6+ years (BS), 4+ years (MS) or 2+ years (PhD) of related experience
- Intermediate-level proficiency in R, SAS or other statistical packages. Intermediate-level knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques
- Intermediate proficiency with visualization tools like Spotfire, Tableau or equivalent
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven expertise with Machine Learning and other advanced analytics techniques
- Demonstrated effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate analytical and technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated history of successful execution in a fast-paced environment and in managing multiple priorities effectively
- Proven leadership traits with ability to lead and inspire staff, and to influence others without direct authority
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.