Senior Statistician / Manager / Senior Manager, Statistical Innovation
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Statistician/Manager/Senior Manager in Statistical Innovation is responsible for providing scientific and statistical leadership to support initiatives on designing innovative clinical trials and to evaluate, develop and deploy advanced and novel statistical/analytical modeling and simulations to drive statistical innovation in Clinical Development.
- Actively supports in the evaluation, introduction, development and education of novel statistical approaches.
- Demonstrates extensive competence in investigating/evaluating complex innovative designs and analysis options using scientific computing and simulations.
- Demonstrates extended understanding and actively seeks to acquire new knowledge in advanced and emerging statistical methods (e.g. Adaptive designs, Bayesian methods, AI/machine-learning, synthetic control, predictive modeling etc.).
- Applies imagination. Creates, invents, and implements new or better approaches, alternatives, and breakthrough ideas in modeling and simulations.
- Demonstrates ability to apply statistical knowledge to solve real-world problems. Demonstrates the ability to evaluate alternative statistical approaches.
- Shows proficiency in development, implementation, and rollout of statistical tools and techniques (e.g. using R, R-shiny, Python, Julia, etc.) to operationalize key innovative methodologies.
- Builds and maintains external reputation and influences industry with presentations, attending industry meetings, or authoring articles for peer-reviewed publications.
Job level will be commensurate with experience
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics or a highly related field:
- Senior Statistician reequires MS and 4+ years of relevant experience or PhD and no experience required
- Manager requires MS and 6+ years or PhD and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Senior Manager requires MS and 8+ years or PhD and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical development and applied statistics/statistical consulting preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical modeling and methodology and good understanding of drug development process.
- Demonstrated experience in advanced statistical computing & simulation skills. Proven expertise in standard (e.g. SAS, R) and specialized statistical software (e.g., FACTS, EAST, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of Bayesian, ML, deep learning and pytorch is plus
- Proven ability to collaborate and consult with discipline experts and leaders within and across function.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Passionate about statistical innovation and always think out of the box and is never satisfied with status quo
- Builds strong relationships with peers and partners to enable higher performance
- Participates in creating a learning environment, opens to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, support innovation and help implementing innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.