Senior Product Sales Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The primary goals of the Sr Product Sales Analyst are the posting and reconciliation of deferred margin entries and to ensure that all international and domestic sales, cost and unit data are reported in accordance with policy and provided accurately to all of the AbbVie systems that require the data for financial reporting, forecasting and analysis.
The position is responsible for the COPA (Controlling of Profitability Analysis) module in SAP and CSM (Consolidated Sales and Margin) reporting and the related master data from both a system and data perspective.
The position has routine contact with Plants, Affiliates, BTS (Business Technical Services) and FSS (Financial Shared Service) support staff to resolve reporting and system issues and coordinate with other AbbVie organizations regarding data integrity.
- Margin journal entry posting and reconciliation:
- Accountable for posting deferred margin billed and earned entries utilizing SAP functionality
- Perform reconciliation on deferred margin postings to ensure correct reporting of Sales and COS transactions following the approved financial flows.
- Maintain SAP configuration table to ensure proper setup of general ledger accounts so margin is posted for all transactions that require margin relief.
- Analyze and post BlackLine entries related to intercompany margin
- Responsible BlackLine account reconciliation
- Work with external auditors quarterly and year end and provide all necessary details and documentation to ensure we are compliant with margin accounting.
- Work with BTS for any issue resolution
- Perform reconciliation of sales and cost of sales data between COPA and SAP GL to ensure consistent and accurate sales reporting.
- Analyze and make changes to COPA for any out of balance issues
- Perform CSM to HFM reconciliation for consolidated Abbvie
- Coordinate with BTS on the creation of new product hierarchy nodes for any hierarchy level additions
- Load any actual hierarchy changes during the year on basic or sales view
- Load next year Product hierarchy nodes for hierarchy changes in SAP in preparation for next year master data
- Update the material masters based on next year hierarchy table annually for next year’s reporting
- Generate interface for product hierarchy changes to downstream systems SCM (Supply Chain Management for actual reporting or planning
- As a result of the reconciliation process, recommend changes to transactions, master data and/or reports in SAP/CSM to capture the data
- Coordinate and test any enhancements based on these recommendation
- Bachelors Degree required: Accounting/Finance or related field
- Experience in the following:
- Consolidation and Reporting
- Process or Data Management
- Total Combined Years: 5+ years of experience
Accountability / Scope:
The information collected and distributed from SAP/CSM provides the detail framework for AbbVie’s global sales reporting. The information provides the basis by which product profitability is measured. Inaccuracy in this data has the potential to result in incorrect decisions related to product.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.