HR Manager – Technical Operations
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical seeks a HR Manager to support the Technical Operations, Manufacturing organization, which comprises of 500 Novato site-based employees. The role will report directly to the Executive Director, HR, for Global Technical Operations. The successful candidate will be a member of the TOPS HR Business Partner team.
As part of the TOPS HRBP team, the successful candidate will be a critical contributor to the success of the HR efforts on behalf of all our US TOPS employees.
The successful candidate will partner with the TOPS Human Resources Business Partners and the business on areas of reporting, employee lifecycle, employee relations, on areas such as talent management, performance management and exit management.
Partnering closely with HR’s Centers of Excellence, this position will provide solutions-oriented support to the TOPs business around acquiring, developing, retaining, and engaging talent in a time of business transformation. Leading with a positive and inclusive mindset will be a critical focus of this position.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the HR Manager will play a key role in delivering on the people agenda for the US aligning with the overall business objectives.
In this position, the HR Manager will:
- Work closely with the US HR Business Partners to implement and support the HR people processes in TOPS.
- Partner with our people leaders to drive and maintain a high performing and inclusive culture.
- Support the global & local talent review processes and implementation plans.
- Ensure processes and systems are in place and communicated across the full employee life cycle to ensure high standards of service, maintain policy control and development in line with business goals.
- Lead appropriate level employee relations investigations, ensuring compliance across all areas in line with internal and external policies
- Partner effectively with our HR partners across the Global HR team to ensure alignment with HR processes and programs.
- Ensure delivery of employee training and communication on a variety of HR-related areas such as Leadership Development.
- Other projects as required
- Proven experience in delivering best in class HR initiatives at functional levels
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferable
- Proven consultative and relationship management skills with a track record of partnering with senior/middle management in the development, implementation and adoption of people processes.
- Proven ability to build and maintain cross functional relationships, gaining trust and respect with various stakeholders.
- High level of communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to build and maintain relationships and confidently engage across the business
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- 5 year’s experience HR experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.