Manager, Medical Affairs
CymaBay is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and providing access to innovative therapies for patients with liver and other chronic diseases.
If you are ready to join a team where your work is challenging, rewarding and meaningful; where your efforts are recognized and appreciated; where your career and skills are developed and expanded; AND where you are truly VALUED…
then CymaBay is looking for YOU!
To help us achieve our mission we are seeking a talented Manager, Medical Affairs, to join our team.
Key functions of this role will be to collaborate with internal partners including Clinical Development, Preclinical, Legal, Regulatory, and Corporate Affairs.
In this role you will be able to achieve the following:
- Provide support for the writing, review and approval of external clinical/scientific/corporate materials and regulatory documents as needed
- Collaborate with internal partners to support the LMRC (Legal Medical Regulatory Committee) to ensure the provision of medical information is accurate and scientifically balanced
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive, globally aligned cross functional strategic publication plan
- Ensure that targeted data sets are presented at key scientific meetings, international congresses and submitted to peer-reviewed journals according to the publication plan
- Support the development of scientific manuscripts
- Support medical expert engagement and congress/conference planning including but not limited to scheduling, review, assessment and write up of presentations/abstracts/posters (external)
- Contribute to the development of materials for pre-conference training and post-conference debriefs (conferences include: EASL, AASLD, DDW, ACG)
- Attend medical congresses to capture and integrate insights from key data presentations, competitive intelligence, KOL engagement, and develop daily conference summaries for debriefs
- Conduct regular literature reviews, gather and disseminate competitive intelligence, and perform review of clinically related studies.
- Support the development of Medical Affairs training materials and resources (support training and onboarding of MSLs, coordinate field insight calls and communicate internally)
If your background and experience include the following, chances are you will be highly successful in this role:
- PharmD, PhD, MD, DO, MPH or other advanced degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or relevant clinical experience
- High degree of proficiency in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong oral communication, written communication, presentation, and coaching skills
- Excellent organizations skills
At CymaBay, not only can we provide you with rewarding work and dedication to maintaining an outstanding collaborative and supportive corporate culture, but we can also offer you a robust suite of perks and benefits that include:
- Generous PTO/STO
- Full benefits on your first day
- Commuter benefits
- 401k with match and stock options