Associate Director, Total Rewards and People Systems
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Associate Director, Total Rewards and People Systems role will be responsible for ensuring GRAIL's compensation and benefits are market competitive and aligned with GRAIL's values and culture. Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards and People Systems, you will partner with the team to manage GRAIL's Total Rewards (Compensation & Benefits) and HR Operations (technology, vendor management, self-service, metrics). This position will act in a consultative and analytical manner to prepare customized solutions that increase the health and performance of GRAIL's employees and overall business. In collaboration with managers, peers from other functions and the People Team, this role will help ensure Total Rewards Programs and practices are competitive and aligned to the company's Total Rewards philosophy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drive strategy, design and implementation of GRAIL's global total rewards strategy, including compensation, benefits, and employee recognition programs and ensure market competitiveness and alignment with company's total rewards philosophy
• Participate in defining GRAIL's HR technology strategy and roadmap aligning with the business needs partnering with the People team and key leaders
• Assess implementation or migration to a new HRIS system at GRAIL
• Support the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors material preparation, partnering with outside compensation consultants
• Establish, build and maintain positive relationships with leaders across the company to ensure that all programs support the organization's strategic objectives
• Partner with other G&A teams including Finance, Payroll, Legal and Stock Administration, to develop and efficiently deliver comprehensive programs for managers and employees
• Work closely with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and key business leaders on compensation for new hires, promotions, transfers, and ongoing job leveling, allowing for multifaceted changes as the market demands
• Lead the annual benefits renewal and open global enrollment cycles including market analysis, plan design, cost modeling, stakeholder management, communication and system configuration
• Craft and develop salary range structures, career ladders and proficiencies
• Evaluate market trends and recommend improvements to compensation and benefits plans, as appropriate
• Guide the team through regular benchmarking cycles to analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and standard methodologies to build market competitive reward packages
• Own relationships with outside vendors and consultants to assist in benchmarking, analysis, and plan design recommendations
• Participate in networking groups in order to bring innovative ideas back to our company
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and planning to continually improve our total rewards programs and processes
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
• 8+ years of work experience, including 5+ years in Total Rewards
• Demonstrable track record of building credible relationships with most senior levels of the organization (VP+) and influencing leadership
• Experience with design and administration of Compensation and Benefits programs
• Experience analyzing and reporting out on HR analytics
• Experience with design and implementation of HRIS platforms
• Excellent analytical, technical, problem-solving, written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrable track record of quickly understanding business drivers and cultural/organizational dynamics and leading effective organizational diagnosis to understand the root causes of issues is required
• Proven attention to detail, well organized, and good time-management skills
• High degree of personal and professional credibility, including responsiveness, and business focus
• Proven communicator and influencer regarding sophisticated Total Rewards and Benefits topics
• Familiarity with Google G-Suite
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies ("Agency"), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings ("Agreement"). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team .