Global Packaging Strategy & Planning Associate Director
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Serves as a primary interface between the client and the Packaging Strategy & Planning function. Strategic partner with key stakeholders in their areas of focus throughout full lifecycle of strategic initiatives and delivery of solutions – from defining business needs, project planning, development, deployment, change management, and end user adoption – that supports Global Packaging.
Will assist the Director with strategic projects across Global Packaging. The Packaging strategy will be responsible for all aspects of project strategy, coordination, communication, and execution. Sets and manages expectations with stakeholders. Clearly execute the functional responsibilities for a project providing oversight and guidance to achieve the project deliverables.
- Solicit network packaging & device stakeholders to develop packaging models for new product launches, existing product moves, and capacity analysis.
- Partner with cross functional colleagues to develop dashboards for analyzing capacity, network capabilities and product packaging risks.
- Implement standard templates and guidelines for collecting data to enable streamlined analysis of new product introductions and existing packaging capability.
- Support Director in developing and presenting assurance of supply scenarios within the packaging network.
- Gather key equipment and material vendor information and develop roadmap for global standardization and assurance of supply
- Partner with Equipment and Packaging Engineers to understand and prioritize site performance improvement based on long range plans and network packaging intelligence.
- Develop and implement strategic documents for gather and analyzing data to enable future strategy assessments are streamlined.
- Support in the optimization of a critical packaging line by providing the strategic knowledge necessary to develop a plan for improvement.
- Implement additional dashboard enhancements to aide in the review of network packaging strategy.
- Document all equipment and material vendors with an associated criticality scoring method.
- Ability to communicate to informed stakeholders not directly reporting into the Packaging organization.
- Innovative thinker capable of creating new means and methods for data collection and analysis.
- Communicate effectively with technical experts and possess the ability to present to management.
- Makes tactical decisions regarding response time and level of planning based on priority of requested work.
- Routinely interface with Group Leaders, Trades Technicians and Administrative Assistants to obtain information and delivery implementation strategies and information as requested.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, (Packaging Engineering preferred) or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 10+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. A post-graduate education/degree is desired and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Has a career history marked by a consistent series of technical contributions and accomplishments. Significant contribution to product or process development or improvement through creative application of technical effort will equally be recognized.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts including financial concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple factors. Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions. Good organizational skills to set up work processes, organize project work, run or support a meeting and effectively coordinate and manage groups are preferred.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators. Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates thoughtfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations. Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred).
- Has demonstrated excellence in breadth and depth within discipline and across disciplines.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills. Must be knowledgeable of various software applications including Excel, Word, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and meeting software such as WebEx, MS Teams.
- Knowledge of Spanish, French, German or Italian is considered an advantage and therefore preferred.
- Interpersonal skills needed to communicate and work with customers and peers not under one’s direction are preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.