Amgen is searching for a ServiceNow Developer who will work on our Enterprise Service Management (ESM) Platforms Team. The Developer will report to the Senior Manager ESM Platforms ServiceNow and will work out of Amgens Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients.TheTampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies.
This ServiceNow Developer will collaborate with business stakeholders, project and operational support teams todevelop solutions for specific business problem(s) by identifyingrequirements, conductingfeasibility analysis, proof of concepts and design sessions, and offer configuration support of the ServiceNow platform.Responsibilities of the Developer may shift to other processes in the Service Management area as needed by the department and/or career growth of the Incumbent and involve enhancing the service management discipline withinIS.Act as a thought leader and a subject matter expert for the ServiceNow Platform. Mentor junior staff members and oversee contractors.
The ESM Platforms team focuses on managing all aspects of Amgen's key service management system ServiceNow. Responsibilities range from break-fix (KTLO) "keep the lights on" support for this platform all the way to strategic road mapping and architecture with our key SaaS provider ServiceNow on our many modules (ITSM,ITBM,GRC, HR, etc.) which drive and underpin key service management processes at Amgen. The ESM Platforms Team closely cooperates with other teams such as IS Serviceand ApplicationOwners, Quality, and strategic external partners.
Key Activities for the Developer include:
- Working closely with IS and Business stakeholders to configure and improve core and custom applications.
- Work directly with end users to resolve support issues within ServiceNow
- Monitor health, usage, and overall compliance of ServiceNow and its applications
- Develop systems integrations and process automation
- Create and configure Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts and ACLs including advanced scripting of each.
- Create and configure Notifications, UI pages, UI Macros, Script Includes, Formatters, etc. in ServiceNow
- Coordinate application and platform upgrades
- Load, manipulate and maintain data between ServiceNow and other systems
- Create ServiceNow reports and dashboards
- 10% domestic travel can be expected
Masters degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- ServiceNow development / configuration experience with two or more ServiceNow suites: ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, GRC, HRSD, Security Operations
- Experience with the Common Service Data Model (CSDM)
- Technical understanding of the ServiceNow Service Portal
- Experience working with the ServiceNow Service Portal Configuration: Branding Editor, Page Designer, Page Editor, Widget Editor, and creating new portals
- Experience with system integrations and process automation
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working in a highly agile (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) or hybrid (agile/waterfall) environment
- Experience with ITIL and Service Management
- Experience operating within a validated systems environment (FDA, European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products, Ministry of Health, etc.)
- Experience working cross-functionally and building collaborative working relationships; interfacing effectively with stakeholders, operations and management to resolve issues
- Ability to organize and schedule tasks, develop realistic action plans incorporating time constraints and task priorities
- Previous experience working in a highly collaborative and culturally diverse environment
- Understands the service requirements, data definition, data alignment efforts and business outcomes to be achieved
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.