Corporate Affairs Senior Manager - Oncology (Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Corporate Affairs Senior Manager - Oncology
This role has the ability to work remotely and does not need to sit in Thousand Oaks, CALive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support the delivery of the communications strategy for the oncology portfolio, including bemarituzumab (bema), a phase 3 ready mAb that inhibits FGFR2b. The integrated communications activities for bema will support the overall initiatives aimed at driving the reputation and awareness of Amgen oncology and its pipeline assets. This position will report to the director of Oncology Pipeline communications.Responsibilities
- Support, develop and execute the Oncology Corporate Affairs strategy, aiming to establish Amgen Oncology as a distinct leader.
- Develops multichannel communications that underscore the unmet need for patients living with gastric cancer,
- Partners with cross functional team on communications plan in support of additional indications possible in epithelial cancers that overexpress FGFR2b
- Leads communications workstreams to ensure consistent and integrated activities that amplify the bema data and oncology narrative on the right channels to the right stakeholders in US and key markets
- Supports integrated congress strategy for tier 1 congresses, ensuring plans, messages and activities from global are pulled through to key local markets
- Effectively develop and creatively use internal and external communications channels, including traditional and social media, working with Amgens Enterprise teams and GCO digital on integrated strategy and content pull through
- Provide communications and issues management support to brand leaders, including media and message training.
- Work closely with Legal, Regulatory and Medical on the review and approval of multiple materials/assets through e-Approve and MAC.
- Effectively lead and deploy agency support through clear objectives, KPIs, continued drive for excellence and innovation in support of the oncology franchise.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. he upbeat professional we seek is a great communicator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Communications experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Communications experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Communications experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Communications experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Communications experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Eight to ten years in a corporate and/or consultant communications environment.
- Experience and demonstrated skills in developing, managing and delivering communications strategies and plans in a sophisticated organization.
- Strong, senior-level knowledge of the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry or health care is required.
- Ability to operate effectively on large cross-functional teams, as well as lead by influence and collaborate.
- Strong experience in social and digital media, media relations and issues management.
- Excellent written, spoken, and interpersonal communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, to adapt to change and move projects forward quickly.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and planning skills.
- Collaboratively works well with a diverse group of people
- Self-starter with demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit, enthusiasm, and creativity.
- Ability to combine strategic thinking with hands on delivery.
- Experience in creating and translating scientific / technical content for a broad range of audiences.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.