Senior Quantitative Systems Pharmacologist (m/w/d) - (unbefristet / Vollzeit)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Quantitative Systems Pharmacologist
The Senior Quantitative Systems Pharmacologist is responsible for the clinical application of in-depth as well as fit-for-purpose quantitative system pharmacology (QSP) models. These models may be created internally, derived as an extension of published models or developed in collaboration with external partners.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Implements and extends available QSP models/model plans or contributes to development of new QSP models of varying complexity to answer clinical and therapeutic area questions.
- Acts as a lead modeler on one or more studies and investigates, identifies, develops, and optimizes new (minimal) QSP models.
- Understands regulatory advances, as well as strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and risks for model-informed drug development.
- Contributes to systems modeling or mechanistic modeling plans to drive therapeutic area success in areas including PK/PD, toxicodynamics, biopharmaceutics, and disease modeling.
- Performs literature review and regulatory document review to ensure state-of-the-art modeling activities.
- Writes, communicates, presents system pharmacology materials.
- Partners with stakeholders in other functional areas such as Precision Medicine, Genomics, and Clinical Development to facilitate model development and application.
Performs model optimization, parameter estimation, and model verification of new or existing systems pharmacology models.
- PhD in pharmacokinetics, systems biology/pharmacology, pharmacometrics, bioengineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, mathematical biology or a related area.
- Internship or work experience in pharmaceutical industry would be preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in systems pharmacology, PBPK or pharmacometrics projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to accomplish one or more of PBPK modeling, QSP modeling, biopharmaceutics, or pharmacometric (PK/PD) activities from planning, implementation through completion.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in modeling and simulation software including MATLAB/SimBiology, MoBi, Simcyp, R, NONMEM, Monolix, or similar.
- Key leadership competencies: Builds strong relationships with cross-functional teams to enable higher performance, performs efficiently in joint interdisciplinary teams, learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change course quickly where indicated, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.