OneCRM Product Owner
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Business Technology Solutions Product Owner is the technology account executive, business relationship manager, and the voice of the customer. S/He knows the business strategy and can formulate business priorities to the feature team that can build and deliver the product solution per specifications. The Product Owner manages and prioritizes the content produced by development teams and continually searches for ways to improve efficiency.
The Product Owner for AbbVie Care Global OneCRM will be responsible for owning the technology product features, technical user stories, solution architecture, design and delivery of an integrated, global, CRM solution to meet specific business outcomes in the area of AbbVie’s Global Patient Support Program (PSP) called “AbbVieCare”. The Global OneCRM set of capabilities and services include end to end patient centric journey mapping and features patient enrolment, care pathways, call mgmt. as well as other patient touchpoints by the CRM users (nurses, care coaches, call center agents etc.). The Global OneCRM product is also the epicenter of AbbVie’s global digital PSP ecosystem that comprises of other products and services for both internal and external customers.
The Product Owner is responsible to proactively understand brand strategies, educate cross-functional teams on existing technology capabilities, and influence/develop capabilities roadmaps. He/she will stay on top of technology trends and perform the required technical research and due diligence when necessary to recommend the use of new technology capabilities, balancing opportunities for innovation, business benefits, existing technology standards, and roadmaps.
This position is responsible for planning and overseeing a software product from ideation to completion; including securing cross-functional alignment on project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline with global design and ability to land the product into countries/markets of needs and choice. He/she is expected to work effectively across various IT shared services teams, external agencies/vendors, and other Commercial business stakeholders.
- Product owner for Global OneCRM primarily designed to serve AbbVie patients, HCPs and rest of the care team.
- Voice of the Customer –
- Knows the business strategy and can clearly formulate business priorities to the feature and delivery teams.
- Facilitate the relationship with the end customer and business leadership/owners, bringing the voice and priorities of the customer to the forefront.
- Define and maintain long term product vision.
- Prioritize issues and have enough autonomy to make decisions.
- Become a business expert with deep content knowledge.
- Ensure that systems are architected in a way that results in technology synergies and simplified integration to help manage multi-vendor relationships and Home Office Data Integrations.
- Data driven approach to identify new product opportunities and enhancements. Identify product gaps, generate new ideas, influence investment decisions to improve product capabilities
- Lead product domain strategy, quarterly roadmap and commitment to the customer.
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with customer and partner teams.
- Proactively understand the business strategies and the technology needs of the assigned Brand.
- Identify current and emerging business needs and evaluates technology solutions to balance short term and long-term objectives.
- Global perspective
- Operate with global mindset – ability to understand needs of various AbbVie markets/countries and influence adoption or adaption of global, standard technology products and services
- Manage priorities and delivery of the roadmap with globally distributed teams
- Understand country-specific regulations, compliance requirements and tailor technology products and services to meet such needs
- Design and implement product roadmap that aligns with affiliate priorities, needs and serves strategic vision.
- Align technology and non-technology stakeholders to software product capabilities.
- Product Solution and Delivery –
- Actively participate in Design thinking and identify features to be delivered that align product roadmap and execution with customer and partner roadmaps.
- Responsible for product backlog prioritization.
- Owns product commitments and outcomes to the business.
- Contribute to vision, roadmap, and content presentations.
- Active daily participant in iterations and sprints (planning through to showcases) and team retrospective.
- Provide content during analysis for user stories.
- Sign off on user stories and UAT testing.
- Assist in development of story acceptance criteria, fulfilling QA role.
- Assist in decision making (though not required to have technical expertise).
- Demonstrate new functionality in release demo and be accountable for showcase reports.
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development teams.
- Ensure the solution solves the business problem or meets the customer needs.
- Backlog management
- Provide content for feature backlog; build, prune, and maintain team backlog.
- Decide on user story/feature prioritization by prioritizing the feature team backlog.
- Decide whether a feature gets de-scoped during the sprint process.
- Collaborate with the business sponsor, scrum master and delivery teams on a regular basis to groom the feature backlog.
- Reviews and reprioritizes the team backlog before iteration planning sessions and determines dependencies on other teams.
- Ensures flow of work (at least two iterations’ worth of stories in backlog)
- Continual Improvement
- Identify ways to improve processes to be lean and efficient while meeting business delivery requirements.
- Identify ways to continually improve on quality standards.
- Identify opportunities to lower operational costs.
- Apply analytical approach to assess product gaps and make data driven decisions
- Author quality product requirement specifications
- Technical Competencies
- Knowledge and experience with designing and developing end-user experiences via an omnichannel architecture (include web, mobile, email, SMS etc.)
- Knowledge of industry leading data integration design patterns, platforms and data exchanges.
- Knowledge of SaaS based platforms such as Salesforce.com and its products (Health Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud) or similar.
- Thorough understanding of agile and waterfall SLC methodologies and best practices.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Accountable for annual budget plan / Request for Capital Expenditure as applies to product portfolio
- Act with urgency and passion. Help others be successful.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years experience. Experience including business analysis, project management, portfolio management, and strategic planning. 2+ years of experience managing or coaching employees
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience including software product management, business analysis, project/portfolio management, and strategic planning. 2+ years of experience managing or coaching employees.
- Demonstrated understanding of agile principles, methodologies and scrum frameworks
- Understands the global pharmaceutical market including role of providers, patients, payers, distributors and policy makers as well as knowledge of global regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of IT pricing and contracting practices.
- Strong analysis and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate financial acumen - Manage investment budget of up to $3MM.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with ability to state things simply and persuasively for different audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence others both inside and outside of the organization, and to lead without authority
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.