Associate Director, Software Quality Assurance
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director of Software Quality Assurance is responsible for ensuring AbbVie systems and solutions are effectively delivered
meeting high quality and compliance standards. They will define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Software Quality Assurance
Department to ensure software meets the expectations and needs of the customers and stakeholders. This position requires a high level of
thought leadership and adept orchestration of people, processes, systems, and metrics to drive quality improvements.
- Develop a software quality assurance strategy, vision and roadmap with input from all areas of IT leadership to improve efficiency of the software lifecycle process,and ensure software is consistently deployed with minimal defects.
- Define key measurements and metrics to quantify software quality and benchmark Quality Assurance team effectiveness, adjusting processes to improve the efficiency of software delivery from a quality assurance perspective.
- Interacts with key business partners to recommend solutions that best meet the strategic needs of the business
- Manages project planning, including allocation of resources, assignment and coordination
- Works with cross functional teams to plan and execute large scale projects
- Responsible for building and maintaining a high performing Quality Assurance team through effective hiring decisions, performance management and cultural initiatives.
- Own and continually improve AbbVie’s Software Lifecycle (SLC) process.
- Defends AbbVie IT practices and system qualification and validation documentation to Federal and international regulators during inspections and audits.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment with multiple stakeholder organizations
- Ability to translate global regulations and standards into policy and requirements and the ability to communicate those requirements to stakeholders
- Knowledge of global regulations and standards that affect the pharmaceutical and/or medical device industries.
- 5+ years experience in a regulated software development / validation environment in pharmaceutical and/or medical device industries.
- 3-5 years experience in providing software quality assurance support.
- 3-5 years experience leading teams.
- ASQ certification desired but not required.
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.