Associate Director Customer Experience, Medical Affairs
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Customer Experience (CX) Associate Director is responsible for playing an integral role on the extended cross-functional support team for the Central Nervous System (CNS), Specialty, Eye Care, and Botox Tx Medical Affairs teams. The CX Associate Director will bring Digital/CRM subject matter expertise to strategic medical education plans and have responsibility for ensuring the Customer Experience is optimized for key stakeholders: Health Care Professionals (HCP) and Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs). This role serves as a business partner in the development and pull-through of a differentiated and insights-driven customer experience. The role supports the Medical Affairs teams by leading the orchestration and alignment of touchpoints across the customer journey.
This role will also be accountable for bringing expertise and leadership support to advance the Digital Transformation, Content Velocity and Launch Excellence key priorities. Specifically, developing and maintaining medical education multichannel planning strategic plans and engagement plan/experience designs, ensuring we are reaching our customers in the right channels with our medical education content to achieve our Scientific Objectives. This role will adhere to customer privacy and compliance practices, as well as identifying and partnering with Analytics teams to develop and utilize sound measurement/reporting constructs for all programs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead Customer Experience design and provide CRM/Digital expertise in support of the Medical Affairs teams.
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer insights, journey and segmentation strategies - and apply them to CRM/Digital campaigns and programs.
- Lead cross-functional team (Medical Affairs/CX/MABI/Agency) to design and implement ideal customer experience aligned to journey phases and medical education strategy.
- Guide development of impactful and relevant in-field team tools and assets (medical aids, MSL emails).
- Collaborate effectively in a matrixed environment with Medical Affairs, Creative/CRM/Digital agencies, Media, Market Research, Analytics, Business Technology Solutions (BTS), Field Operations, and Medical/Regulatory/Legal integrated business partners.
- Provide input and inspiration through active participation in the annual strategy and tactical planning process.
- Identify external/internal partners to address business challenges. Organize semiannual emerging digital capability showcases for Medical Affairs to learn and identify capabilities to pilot.
- Create business case, design and lead proof of concepts/pilots for emerging digital capabilities.
- Troubleshoot roadblocks and identify creative and compliant solutions to facilitate forward motion of new initiatives.
- Provide CRM/Digital execution and response channel/tactic expertise across all channels (e.g. Veeva, Email, Web, Mobile Apps, Social)
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs team to recommend and build feasible campaign and program test & learn plans to inform optimization recommendations. Develop and manage tactic test plans/QC before, during and after campaign launch
- Guide creative agencies to ensure the development of relevant, 1:1 creative and messaging, including CRM/Digital marketing best practices.
- Understand and execute data capture and data privacy (opt management) consistently across all channels.
- Create and maintain omnichannel roadmap for Therapeutic Areas supported and review on a quarterly basis with Medical Affairs Leadership. Socialize with cross functional teams supporting the initiatives to ensure proper resourcing and prioritization processes in place.
- Document and share best practices across broader CX team through creation of playbooks and hold quarterly “lunch and learns” to social those best practices with USMA, CX and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work and lead independent initiatives without day to day supervision
- Able to prioritize & gracefully manage competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborative nature and ability to influence and guide cross-functional stakeholders without authority.
- Exceptional functional knowledge and expertise on digital marketing platforms.
- e.g.Veeva, CRM, email marketing best practices, marketing cloud technology
- Acumen for how digital agencies operate: scope of work process/mgmt., timelines
- Inquisitive, strong analytical skills, including the ability to infer and apply learnings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and follow-through on execution.
- Strong project management abilities and critical work tool experience.
- e.g. Excel, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint
Key AbbVie Leadership Competencies:
- Positive “all for one” approach to team deliverables and priorities.
- Builds strong relationships to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment and open to suggestions.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Demonstrate a “servant-leader” approach while bringing deep subject matter expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing with ten-fifteen plus (10+) years of CRM/Digital experience.
- 3-5 years Pharmaceutical Industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience with start-to-finish planning/executing multi-channel digital marketing/CRM programs, including websites, email, emerging media tactics, mobile (apps/sites/media/SMS), SEO/SEM, social media/social listening, Veeva CLM and approved email projects
- Must have thorough understanding of measuring impact of digital/CRM including social analytics, SEO measurement/management, digital/mobile metrics.
- Strong experience with enterprise CRM/Database/ESP platforms in an operational/executional capacity.
- Must have experience with personalization, 1:1 approaches/data capture techniques (ie. email, addressable media, dynamic web), application of legal/privacy terms & conditions.
- Must have experience identifying and outlining key campaign metrics (KPIs) and building campaign pro-formas/measurement plans/marketing analytics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.