QA Technician I (2nd shift)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the quality of raw materials, commodities and durable & consumable received, are acceptable per the appropriate quality attributes. The technician will receive, sample and evaluate materials as per approved specifications and /or incoming quality procedures.
- Perform sampling and inspect raw materials, commodities, durable & consumable as per specifications.
- Responsible of the release of material according to materials specification and incoming quality procedures.
- Responsible to enter test results in manufacturing systems such SAP and LIMS .
- Segregate and document the rejected and experimental materials.
- Keep current the specifications, procedures, documents in general from the area.
- Associate degree
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel SAP, and LIMS system
- General knowledge of GMP's
- Written and Spoken English and Spanish communication skills
- Must be available to work 2nd shift (Segundo turno)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.