Associate Director, Talent Acquisition, R&D
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As the Associate Director, Talent Acquisition, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful hiring strategies are developed and executed for leadership roles within the Development organization within AbbVie R&D. You will lead a team of talent acquisition, all dedicated to bringing world-class talent acquisition solutions to our business leaders and HR partners. This is an exciting time to be part of AbbVie, one of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies in the world. Your key objectives are:
- Through the use of data, metrics and resources, set the vision, strategy and goals for all aspects of talent acquisition across AbbVie Development R&D.
- Lead, mentor and develop the talent acquisition team through goal review, development plans, talent reviews and regular management activities.
- Design and execute effective recruitment processes, practices and standards that provide high quality experiences for candidates and hiring managers.
- Build strong partnerships with the business leaders, Business HR team, Talent Management, and Equality Diversity & Inclusion team to understand trends, business needs and talent required to deliver solutions that result in positive business outcomes.
- Identify and prioritize current and future talent needs, and the deployment of recruiting strategies.
- Define and execute diversity recruiting strategies that increase representation, resulting in high-performing, diverse teams at AbbVie.
- Manage and influence senior level business and functional leaders to ensure overall business objectives are met and the resources necessary to recruit talent are acquired.
- Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage in support of the company's diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar career. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Eight (8) or more progressive HR experience in large, global environments.
- Five (5) or more years in global talent acquisition or sourcing role.
- Significant experience in managing multiple task and projects related to the Human Resources field as well as project management knowledge and skills.
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.