Process & Performance Learning Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Process and Performance Learning Manager II serves as a strategic leader to Liaisons and key stakeholders to assess and understand process requirements and learning needs to drive excellence in global clinical trial execution. Identify, establish and maintain curricula which includes quality system documents and learning that align to business processes, regulatory requirements, R&D Development functions, and study execution. This position is accountable for accurate, comprehensive, and applicable curricula.
- Partner with Senior Leadership to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements is balanced with business objectives and priorities when driving the Learning Strategy.
- Effectively identify and lead high performing teams in support of the strategy and vision.
- Establish and maintain a culture aligned to AbbVie's pillars and Talent Philosophy.
- Collaborate closely with AbbVie and industry curricula leaders to ensure alignment, determine future focus and share best practices.
- Accountable to develop standards and tools to analyze and evaluate learning needs in support of business process including onboarding and reflecting regulatory requirements.
- Effectively balance stakeholder input with curricula expertise.
- Establish standards and tools to develop and implement communication plans in support of learning programs.
- May lead global, cross-functional initiatives/teams in support of business priorities.
- Represent Process and Performance Learning during regulatory inspections, audits and process improvement initiatives.
- Responsible to understand AbbVie's Quality System, GCP, BPO framework and able to translate to staff as applicable. Able to translate strategy into operations and manage multiple changing priorities.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of curricula by establishing parameters for, creating and implementing measures to track outcomes and ensure alignment to business objectives.
- Work with Instructional Designers and Development Document Writers to develop and implement robust, engaging learning programs to ensure compliance with SOPs and regulations.
- Collaborate and ensure alignment with cross-functional partners so synergies are identified and acted upon.
- In partnership with Liaison, ensure processes, courses and curricula are aligned with the strategic objectives of the Development organization. Assess new and revised documents to ensure accurate compliance assignments.
- Collaborate with Liaisons to identify needs/gaps and drive the learning strategy to meet/mitigate knowledge gaps.
- In partnership with Learning Management System Specialist, ensure function-specific compliance requirements are established and are consistent across the organization .
- Bachelor’s degree (or ex-US equivalent) is required, typically in learning/development, adult education or scientific field. Experience in learning management, quality systems and organizational development is highly desirable.
- Must have 7+ years of experience in strategy and execution of curricula. Experience in Pharma or other highly regulated industries desired.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, demonstrated leadership abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstration of successful execution of compliance and training strategy in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities effectively using innovative and creative solution.
- Demonstration of successful coaching/ mentoring in a matrix environment.
- Competent in the application of standard business procedures (SOPs, ICH, Global Regulations, Ethics and Compliance).
- Competent with instructional design principles and adult learning tools.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.