Associate Director, Finance - Strategy
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global FP&A, the Associate Director, Finance Strategy will be the finance leader supporting BioMarin's Portfolio Product Development (PPD) and Business Development (BD) teams. This individual will help develop and maintain the finance interaction and processes related to various governance forums at BioMarin. In addition, will be the key business partner to the PPD and BD teams to help drive critical business activities, decision support frameworks, and enterprise wide analytics. Finally, this role will develop the broader finance policy and strategy as it relates to Total Shareholder Return modeling, CORE team support, and financial policy. In this fast-paced role, you will interact with select members of BioMarin's Sr. Executive team, CFO, and other key business partners throughout the organization.
- Partner with the PPD and BD leadership to implement process, strategy, and analytic frameworks to be used corporate wide.
- Drive robust financial analytics, coupled with business insights, on potential organic and inorganic opportunities.
- Connect the various PPD governance processes with the financial FP&A process to drive integrated planning, while monitoring tradeoff decisions that align to the broader finance and company-based metrics and growth goals.
- Manage the finance support model for the CORE teams
- Provide advanced subject matter expertise and guidance regarding key finance metrics and benchmark to be leveraged within the corporation.
- Develop the BioMarin Total Shareholder Return (TSR) model and ongoing management tracking.
- Manage the development of highly complex and intricate financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations, and performance measures to provide confidence to executives regarding financial decisions
- Manage various FP&A transformation related projects as needed
- 8+ years of experience in complicated corporate finance environments (preferably in-house corporate finance), with FP&A leadership experience.
- Finance experience within process management with a strong background in financial analysis
- A grasp of the biopharma industry and its complex, highly regulated landscape is desirable; experience in other healthcare segments is also attractive. Experience working in a biopharma or pharma company is desired.
- In-depth experience with financial systems, including implementing, using, and enhancing (e.g., financial planning applications; ERP)
- Hands-on experience working closely with the operations of a high-growth business.
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective on teams as well as individually
- Results driven; adaptable, flexible and creative in developing new improvement ideas and solutions
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- Advanced Degree, CPA, or MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.