Director/ Senior Director, Advocacy - Women's Health
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on redefining care for women and for men. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women's health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
Do you believe that the status quo in women's health is unacceptable? Are you an accomplished and creative advocacy leader looking for a chance to make a significant impact in the lives of women while measuring and communicating that impact to both internal and external stakeholders? We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual with a true passion for advocacy and women's health for the position of Director/Senior Director, Advocacy (Women's Health). The position is located in Brisbane, California.
The Director/Senior Director, Advocacy (Women's Health) will be a key member of the Corporate Strategy and Advocacy team, reporting to the Head of Advocacy. The Corporate Strategy and Advocacy team also includes corporate communications, brand and digital communications, and corporate strategy.
The Director/Senior Director, Advocacy (Women's Health) will be a force for progress in women's health, building relationships and partnerships with key external stakeholders, including local, national, and global advocacy organizations committed to improving the care of women and advancing women's health. He/she will partner closely with clinical development, regulatory, commercial, medical affairs, and communications, to achieve company objectives and to create a best-in-class advocacy organization while integrating patient voice into the everyday operations of the company.
As part of the Advocacy Leadership Team, the Director/Senior Director, Advocacy is expected to provide the vision and strategy for transformative advocacy in women's health, strategic partnerships, and, if relevant, collaborate on such for government affairs efforts, in addition to partnering in the creation of core infrastructure and processes, as the company advances clinical programs and executes in parallel as a commercial organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Become a trusted and credible partner for external stakeholders, including advocacy organizations and patient communities, ensuring understanding of specific challenges and needs and identifying mutually beneficial opportunities
- Develop and drive Myovant's advocacy relations plan with clear and actionable objectives, strategies, and tactics
- Facilitate the development of patient and caregiver education and outreach programs, and educational materials via advocacy and adjacent professional organizations.
- Lead a rigorous process of evaluation, prioritization, execution, and management of sponsorships and charitable grants, including the maintenance of all data capture requirements for reporting purposes
- Develop innovative approaches for engaging external stakeholders, educating them about Myovant, and partnering with them on issues and projects of shared importance
- Manage full spectrum of daily interactions with advocates in full compliance with U.S. and European regulations
- Actively monitor new developments and insights in the field of advocacy and incorporate such developments, ideas, and strategies into the development and execution of programs
- Champion the patient voice and experience internally among Myovant employees in support of Myovant's patient-centric approach and culture
- Foster strong partnerships with medical affairs, commercial, and other functions to ensure aligned objectives and to identify opportunities and needs for advocacy engagement
- Anticipate trends in external environment, including government affairs, and advance related strategies to advance advocacy objectives
- Serve as trusted advisor to leaders across Myovant, providing counsel and recommendations on how best and compliantly to partner with diverse external stakeholders
Education, Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of advocacy, government affairs, or related experience, preferably with a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Experience in launch environment preferred
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Proven team leadership, development, and management skills
- Successful track record of cross-functional collaboration, including demonstrated productive relationships with medical affairs, commercial, and corporate communications
- Experience working with stakeholder groups at the local, national, and global levels that serve different constituencies to deliver mutually beneficial results and solve community problems
- Extremely strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills and an ability to summarize complex medical and scientific information for broad audiences
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, timelines and budgets
- A desire to think creatively and a proven track record of building campaigns with diverse alliance and creating strategic communication plans to achieve desired outcomes
- A purpose-driven mindset with a high level of energy, initiative, and ownership
- Extensive knowledge of appropriate regulatory and legal requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel approximately 25% within North America and internationally
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity