Senior Manager/ Associate Director, Forecasting
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women's health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
The Senior Manager/ Associate Director, Forecasting will have the primary responsibility to oversee the short-term forecast development and maintenance for the US portfolio, both prostate and women's health indications. The individual in this role must leverage a broad and deep skill set (functional expertise, therapeutic area knowledge, communication skills, leadership and influencing, executive presence, etc.) to help drive alignment across a variety of key stakeholders - including business unit and brand marketing leads, Commercial Operations, Finance, Manufacturing, and executive leadership. This role will report to the Director, Forecasting, and will be located in Brisbane, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting Myovant's revenue forecasts process by designing, developing and maintaining forecasting models on a monthly or weekly basis
- Tracking forecast accuracy and driving continuous improvements in forecast models and the forecasting process
- Analyzing primary research data and secondary data sources (claims, epidemiology etc.) to glean insights and understand implications for the forecast
- Developing forecast scenario analyses including key risks and opportunities to clearly characterize forecast uncertainties and key drivers
- Working closely with the Brand Marketing teams, Sales Management, Finance, Commercial Operations, Manufacturing, Medical Affairs and other cross-functional areas to gain alignment around forecast assumptions and outputs
- Collaborates with Analytics and Insights colleagues to design and execute market research/analytics to support forecast assumptions.
- Challenges assumptions and applies forecasting methodologies to support the brand strategy.
- Experience in demand forecasting, uncertainty analyses, e.g., Monte Carlo simulation, higher level statistics, and systems modeling.
- Familiarity with gross to net reserves and implications on net revenue
- Highly skilled in to work collaboratively in team-based environment and gain alignment across an organization
- Knowledge and experience working with industry internal and secondary data sources
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Daily demonstrates a positive, 'can do' attitude in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
REQUIREMENTS (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years for a Senior Manager or 8-10 years for an Associate Director relevant commercial analytical, forecasting or finance experience within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous experience developing and maintaining trend based forecast models (patient based and trend based models).
- Proven ability to integrate primary and secondary market research data to inform forecast assumptions
- Commitment to quality - consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience; delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable
- Customer Service Orientation - ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to drive impactful analytical projects; Demonstrated ability to build alliance cross-functionally and the flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, and preparing presentations for stakeholders
- Project management - ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively in, and foster, a team environment; consultative with a willingness to learn, teach and grow
- Limited travel up to 20%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity