Certified Medical Language Interpreter (Spanish)
We are currently searching for a Certified Medical Language Interpreter (Spanish) to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time temporary position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide specialized, confidential, and professional interpretation services, including but not limited to simultaneous and consecutive interpretation and sight translation of medical information for CC physician staff and other clinicians to LEP patients and family members.
- Help determine the health concerns of the patients by precisely interpreting all communication without enhancement, omission, or embellishment, manage the word flow, maintain the register of the source to target language, seek clarification of unfamiliar terms and/or specialized medical procedures, diffuse any language barriers on behalf of LEP Patients and family members so they may successfully understand all exchanges of health information pertinent to their compliance, well-being, and positive outcome.
- Serves as a linguistic conduit and an advocate for underserved populations
- Schedules and confirms appointments; documents interpreting encounters and hours, interprets for specialty consults and diagnostic testing; explains medical procedures and surgeries; interprets for Informed Consents and during conscious sedation procedures; interprets for family Conferences and Intensive Care Unit events, explains NIH protocol rules and regulations to patients; explains patients' needs and concerns to clinicians and staff.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1 year of related experience.
- Certification as a Health Care Interpreter is required.
- Professional Interpretation or extensive experience as an Interpreter in the medical setting.
- Extensive knowledge of medical vocabulary and specialized terminology
- Previous interpretation experience in the Research setting.
- Ability to adapt to the accents and regional variations in both English and Spanish with seamless transition between languages throughout the interpretation encounter.
- Fluent knowledge of English that enables the interpreter to use a wide range of vocabulary, correct grammar, punctuation, syntax, and spelling to produce the most precise interpretation possible thereby ensuring accuracy, grammatically correct phrasing, and fluidity.
- Fluent knowledge of Spanish that enables the interpreter to use a wide range of vocabulary, correct grammar, punctuation, syntax, and spelling to produce the most precise interpretation possible thereby ensuring accuracy, grammatically correct phrasing, and fluidity.
- Experience involving specific terminology pertinent to anatomy, diseases, surgical procedures, hospital protocol, admissions, history and physical, discharge instructions, mental health, oncology, transplant, patient education, and hospice
- Completion of specialized coursework in medical terminology, sight translation, consecutive and simultaneous interpretation, and Interpreter's Code of Ethics
- The vendor(s) must maintain proof of continuous yearly training in interpreter standards of practice in healthcare, professional codes of conduct, and cultural competency.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.