Scientific Researcher/ Scientist I, Cellular Pharmacology
Summary:Bolt Biotherapeutics, an exciting and fast-paced startup developing immune-stimulating antibody conjugates (ISACs) for various cancers, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Associate Scientist to join our Cellular Pharmacology team. This individual will be primarily responsible for designing and executing in vitro assays in support of Bolt’s ISAC pipeline programs. Candidates should have a strong knowledge base in tumor immunology and myeloid cell biology as well as technical expertise with primary human immune cell isolation and flow cytometry methods. Exemplary attention to detail, organizational, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills are required for this position. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for drug discovery and have a vision and drive to achieve company and personal goals. Experience in tumor immunology, myeloid cell biology as well as tissue culture expertise with primary human immune cell isolation and flow cytometry methods are highly desirable.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
• Work in a team-oriented environment to support the pre-clinical assessment and development of novel immunotherapeutics.
• Perform human and non-human primate primary cell isolations from whole blood and tissue samples (e.g. PBMCs, monocytes, dendritic cells) for downstream use in primary cell assays.
• Design and perform in vitro assays using techniques including primary cell and tumor co- culture assays, reporter-based assays, flow cytometry, and ELISA to generate data essential for decision making to progress novel immunotherapeutics from early discovery to development.
• Develop assays for modeling mechanism of action of immune-stimulating antibody conjugates in vitro.
• Generate IND-enabling data and author technical reports to effectively communicate findings and support regulatory filings.This is a research position that requires working in a laboratory environment with hazardous chemicals. Protective clothing, gloves and safety glasses are required while working in the lab. This position requires the ability to lift containers or instruments (up to 25 pounds) and work standing at a fume hood or lab bench for extended periods.
• Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or related field.
• 10 years of experience working in biotechnology industry in absence of a PhD. For PhD level candidates, no minimum requirement for industry experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment.
• Proficiency in molecular and cellular techniques, specifically multi-color flow cytometry, cytokine bead arrays, and ELISA-based immunoassays.
• Technical expertise in cell culture and experience working with primary immune cells and isolations from whole blood and tissue.
• Strong background working with biologic agents, with experience working with bispecific antibodies and designing in vitro assays to characterize them functionally being highly desirable.
• Proficiency in statistical software (Graphad Prism) and FlowJo.
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.