Process Analyst - Global Human Resources
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
- This position is responsible for evaluating existing processes and improving these processes through application of best practices and applying process improvement methodologies. Additionally the Process Analyst role is responsible for updates to existing processes and creating new global & regional HR processes. The incumbent will also be required to manage their project schedules and report progress, risks and issues.
- High level of collaboration with our Centers of Expertise (CoEs), Global Process Owners (GPOs) and Global Process Leads (GPLs) will be required to design processes the achieve desired results.
- Collaborating with HR Service Centers (HRSC) to review for proper approach in operationalizing the process is also essential.
- Lead Harmonization and Improvement (HIT) projects to evaluate and improve on policies and processes within HR that optimize the Global HR functions.
- Collaborate with and consult with CoEs on creation of new processes or enhancement / integration with existing processes.
- Maintain project plans and provide regular updates to project stakeholders. Ensure projects are completed on time.
- Keep HIT teams engaged throughout cycles and guide them through DMAIC cycle to work towards identifying improvement solutions.
- Drive usage of Promapp tool and promote consistent usage and quality standards, in line with APQC standards.
- Provide process support for users within HR; including but not limited to HRSC and HR Operations Support
- Identify HR Operations trends and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Work closely with HR Systems and HR Operations Support to maximize efficient use of HR enabler tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR or related field
- 2- 5 years of process improvement experience preferably.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified - preferred
- Significant experience in process improvement
- Experience in documenting processes and practices and project management
- Experience with evaluating business processes using process improvement methodologies (preferably Lean, Six Sigma or APQC)
- Prior experience in a HR discipline – preferred
- Prior experience using Workday would be highly regarded
- Problem solving skills including researching conflicting and/or inaccurate data
- Time management skills, effectively prioritizing multiple tasks, priorities, projects and deadlines
- Able to work independently and to lead/facilitate workshops
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent English language skills (bi-lingual in English & either Chinese, Japanese or German highly regarded)
- Ability to navigate a global and multi-cultural corporate environment including occasional flexibility to work across multiple time zones.