Director, Brand Advertising and Media
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Director, Brand Advertising & Media position will be responsible for driving traffic to CSL Plasma locations via an integrated, cross-channel Advertising, Media and Promotion plan that leverages a diverse range of vehicles including TV, Print, Digital, PR, Paid Social, and localized SEM.
This role will be accountable for delivering the CSL Plasma brand expression and message in all global regions, and determining the optimal channel and message to support evergreen and promotional campaigns, against specific customer/donor targets, segments and personas. The Media plans will align with the corporate CSL Plasma strategy, key Marketing objectives and forecasting to optimize overall impact and results. This person will provide strategic leadership in the development and management of all paid and owned media channels, and this holistic media strategy will be optimized to achieve the highest possible ROI across all channels.
1 Brand Stewardship – Together with the Head of Marketing, serve as a passionate steward, advocate and global gatekeeper for the CSL Plasma brand. Purview includes developing templates and other materials and ensuring governance and compliance with brand standards, visual brand identities, etc. Create and implement governance processes and associated SOPs. Develop and execute necessary training for CSL employees, particularly those in the field, in order to ensure support and compliance to the CSL brand standards. Liaise with key counterparts to regionalize Brand Standards, and support CSL in a consistent manner.
2 Communications Strategy – Lead development of an integrated annual Communications strategy based on the CSL brand’s positioning, defined business objectives, the competitive situation, and a deep understanding of key constituent needs, and expectations across different vehicles. Ensure alignment across the entire CSL organization—including Insights, (Field) Marketing Operations—to ensure consistency in how the CSL brand is positioned and communicated to all external donor segments, in different channels and with different vehicles (both offline and online).
3 Communications Content – Lead and collaborate with internal CSL colleagues and external Agency resources to ensure all customer/donor touchpoints and vehicles (e.g., Advertising, PR, Paid Social, CSL Site, Promotion, Direct Mail, On-Premise) embrace and reflect the essence of the CSL brand. Partner to ensure that all communications are integrated effectively, produced efficiently and drive business results.
4 Media Strategy, Planning and Buying – Develop and lead the execution of a CSL omnichannel Media plan, including oversight of paid and owned media budgets and optimization of cross-platform Media programs. This critical work will be done by working in conjunction with internal Marketing, Insights and Operations counterparts and experienced external agency resources. The Media strategy should both support and be aligned with the Company’s overall strategic growth agenda, as well as the brand’s strategic positioning, and segmentation framework. Media plans should include crystal clear KPIs and measurement frameworks and agreed-to points where prompt course corrections can be activated, as market and competitive conditions warrant.
5 Media Vehicle Innovation – In addition to commanding a keen understanding of the Media planning and buying process, the “Director, Brand, Advertising & Media” will be expected to be on the forefront of Advertising/Media and related category trends to ensure that CSL messages are reaching the right donor targets at the most opportune moments in order to enhance the brand’s leadership position. This may include local broadcast TV, shared mail and a knowledge and understanding of online and mobile Media, in addition to Social Media and networking vehicles, which have become increasingly crucial touchpoints.
6 Digital Media – Craft a compelling Digital and Social Media strategy to drive relevant traffic through Digital channels. An increasing number of donors - across all age, gender and ethnic types - are engaging through Digital channels, and CSL must stay out front on the Digital Media landscape, with an evolving set of tools and options for guest/donor engagement. Play a leadership role in crafting and driving the CRM and Loyalty strategies that can help maximize the impact of CSL’s Digital Media.
7 Optimize Effectiveness & Efficiency – Using advanced Media measurement tools, optimize the effectiveness of what is a substantive global Media spend across channels, in order to maximize ROI and business impact for CSL. Analyze real-time data, think creatively and design innovative strategies to ensure campaigns executed throughout the year - and during key promotional windows - are reaching their target audience in the most effective way possible, driving brand engagement and traffic to CSL clinics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing or equivalent combination of education
- MBA preferred
· Minimum 10 years management experience, including managing employees required
· Progressively more responsible positions in a complex organization and experience working in a
regulated environment preferred
· Excellent critical reasoning, decision-making and problem solving skills to analyze situations,
determine risks, find solutions to prevent future issues and resolve recurring defects
· Strong leadership, training, written and verbal communication and interpersonal and presentation
skills to drive results
· Traditional Brand Management experience. Experience in managing a substantial annual consumer Media spend. Should bring deep understanding of Positioning and Advertising development and maximizing the Creative development process. Should also understand how to design an integrated Media strategy, working closely with external agency partners on Advertising Development and Execution, as well as Media Planning and Buying
· Client or agency side Media and Advertising leadership for a major U.S.-based multi-unit Retailer e.g., Hospitality, QSR, Fast Casual Restaurants, and specifically those brands where Marketing drives customer traffic to physical stores or relevant digital channels. This is important, as the in-store dynamics of Retail present a unique set of challenges and opportunities
· This Brand, Advertising & Media & leader needs to be a team player and a team-builder, bringing a proven ability to lead and mentor teams, work collaboratively, and build a positive, internal culture. Additionally, this Advertising & Media leader must also be able to educate and inspire the extended team which includes other functions, and a large number of colleagues in the field
- Delivering hard business results – Same-Center Traffic, New Donors, and Transactions
- Brand Health measures – Awareness, Consideration and Donation levels
- Positioning and Execution – Developing persuasive positioning and messaging
- Media Effectiveness and Efficiency metrics
- Successful agency relationships and management
- Managing KPI’s for Digital/ Social Media
- Delivery of value-added Media ideas that support the promo calendar and brand
(physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit
- Ability to formulate complex and comprehensive materials such as authoritative reports of major scope and impact, etc. and/or to make formal presentations
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications to limited scope or impact, etc. and/or to make presentations outside the immediate work area
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Overnight travel may be required up to 20% of the time
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.